PaulFWatts

Diamond DA62 coming soon from Sean Moloney (ex RealAir)

1 hour ago, Chock said:

and squarely targeted at people more concerned with looks

You're points are all well taken and I do not intend to detract from them in any way. But, I think Carenado's dominance in the visuals arena are being challenged and have even begun to fall behind many developers. The Milviz 310R Redux is one that I find very good and better than most Carenado offerings particularly in the VC where it counts most.

More to the point, comparing Sean's DA-62 screenshots with Carenado's it appears that the Vertx offering may clearly win in the visuals department as well. In my GA hangar at least the days of Carenado/Alabeo dominance are rapidly disappearing.

Something that will bear watching at least.

Jesse

Edited by JesC
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Vertx has portrayed the DA62 product as a high-quality simulation with unmatched clarity and animation smoothness in the G1000 PFD, something that some developers seem to struggle in being able to perfect.

The Vertx G1000 certainly looks nice!

If the G1000 is as fluid & clear as they promise then I'll definitely buy it.

On 9/28/2018 at 10:43 AM, PaulFWatts said:

As mentioned on FSELITE

This plane looks stunning and promises a lot in terms of the Avionics.

Based on the quality of my previous purchases from RealAir (and hoping that Sean continues the excellent work) this will be a Day1 purchase for me.

I'm with you on that one Paul!

There is an excellent DA-62 for X-Plane which i've been flying for some time.

Posted (edited)

I am sure the plane will look gorgeous and fly well too.. But I am curious about the completeness of the G1000. If it does not use the Garmin's G1000 Trainer, what is the functional Gap between this G1000 to the Trainer? I'd be interested in that. That would be real useful. 

Building a G1000 from scratch would take more time and effort than building any GA aircraft. And IT would need to be built as a module so you can use it on many other types of aircrafts to spread the cost of G1000 to other aircrafts.

Edited by Manny

1 hour ago, Manny said:

And IT would need to be built as a module so you can use it on many other types of aircrafts to spread the cost of G1000 to other aircrafts.

Thats a good point and exactly what I expect to see.

2 hours ago, Manny said:

Building a G1000 from scratch would take more time and effort than building any GA aircraft

I agree with you, but relying on the Garmin trainers is also fraught with problems, such as the navaids database constantly going out of date. Look at the time gap in the GTN database. It was stuck at  AIRAC 1611 until the 1803 version was just released. If garmin keeps up that level of progress, it will be 2020 before we get a GTN trainer with a current AIRAC.

I guess that the real question is whether the  Vertx G1000  unit will be updated by a Navigraph subscription (maybe I missed that when I watched the review video). The beta testers must know how this works.

12 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

(maybe I missed that when I watched the review video)

Which review video?

2 hours ago, shivers9 said:

Which review video?

I know that was mean of me. My sarcasm was obviously lost on the audience.

53 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I know that was mean of me. My sarcasm was obviously lost on the audience.

LOL!! payback will be hell. I thought I had missed something.🤣

Looking forward to getting this. Anyone know where the release announcement will be made? Vertex doesn't have a website yet that I could find.

4 hours ago, Bills511 said:

Looking forward to getting this. Anyone know where the release announcement will be made? Vertex doesn't have a website yet that I could find.

The company name is Vertx, without the second e 😉 I expect a new website prior to release. So far I can't find anything online.

Checking daily... I'll buy ANYTHING Sean (or Rob) sells- PERIOD.

C

On 9/29/2018 at 5:49 PM, JesC said:

In my GA hangar at least the days of Carenado/Alabeo dominance are rapidly disappearing.

Yup! I flew several Carenado models in FSX and SE, but I have not installed any into P3D. Having flown the A2A breed of aircraft, anything less fails to thrill me. I always love getting into the cockpit of my P180!

...as I know Sean happens by here occasionally... any word?

Ta- C

Could you please stop posting in this thread for anything else than announcing it is out ? Are you aware of the emotional thrill ride you are causing to all of us, silently waiting? 😂

• Like 1

Hmm, starting to smell like vaporware to me.... No update, no website,  just some pics sent to FSElite a few weeks ago.

6 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Hmm, starting to smell like vaporware to me.... No update, no website,  just some pics sent to FSElite a few weeks ago.

Are you being facetious?

7 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Are you being facetious?

I think he's trying to grab your attention lol. 

Seems to me this was announced 3 weeks ago ONLY to take focus off the Carenado release.

Well that worked because I didn't buy Carenado when I heard about Vertx.

Wouldn't surprise me if I'm still waiting in a months time.

3 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Wouldn't surprise me if I'm still waiting in a months time.

A month??  Would certainly be worth the wait! 😀  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to flying my Bonanza. 😍

Greg

15 hours ago, MatthewS said:

I think the fact that Bert posted that he has tested the Beta version pretty well overides your cry of vaporware. As far the charge of getting the jump on Carenado then, if true, I say thanks to Vertx. They saved a lot of people from buying another buggy set of flying textures. Have you looked at the support area for this thing. Same song, 300th verse of the same mess as usual.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

As far the charge of getting the jump on Carenado then, if true, I say thanks to Vertx. They saved a lot of people from buying another buggy set of flying textures. Have you looked at the support area for this thing. Same song, 300th verse of the same mess as usual.

Amen!!!

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, klamal said:

another buggy set of flying textures

That made me laugh as it is so true.