Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Next aircraft

Just wondering if I could make one tiny request regarding the next aircraft o be developed by PMDG? I'm a father of three young children (8yrs, 5yrs & 7 months) and I work full-time. I also volunteer what little free time I have as a medic at community and sporting events in my region. Consequently, I don't have much time for FSX these days. I certainly don't have time for the kinds/lengths of flights the 747 (or even the 777) is designed for, hence the reason why I have not purchased the newest iteration of this airliner. So, with this in mind, can I ask if the next aircraft from PMDG is one designed for short or perhaps even medium length routes instead of long haul routes? Maybe a regional airliner, or even a turbo prop?

Hoping you'll take my request into consideration.

They actually had their JS4100 for P3Dv4 in beta before concentrating on the 747-8 and GFO I believe. Hopefully that is still on the menu!

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Also the 737 will get an NG3 upgrade. It actually will be redone just like the 747 has been done. At least that's the information we got 😄

last time i checked, the JS41 is still coming though i havent checked in a while. The js41 was delayed to premiere rainmaker with the 747-8

• Upvote 1

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2 minutes ago, captainsazzman said:

The js41 was delayed to premiere rainmaker with the 747-8

it wasn't explicitly said but this is my feeling too.

10 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

it wasn't explicitly said but this is my feeling too.

it actually was (more or less) in the january preview of the 747-8

Flying Tigers Group

4 minutes ago, captainsazzman said:

it actually was (more or less) in the january preview of the 747-8

Oh okay thanks for the update 😄 then

1 minute ago, Ephedrin said:

Oh okay thanks for the update 😄 then

they were originally experimenting with the rain textures they had in fsx for the JS41, but then v4 made it possible with more complex addon aircraft, they decided to take the time to build their own rain tech, keeping in fashion other brands (FSLABS, TFDI). after it was made, PMDG  decided to release it with their most anticipated product, the 747-8; thereby delaying the JS41 (for now)

• Like 1

Flying Tigers Group

As said above, the release of the JS41 should be expected, as well as the NG3 which seems like it'll be an overhaul of the current NGX product (and hopefully some MAX action in there). Given the recent comments from Rob, I do expect the MAX will be a full price pack, rather than an expansion for the NG3.

Edited by squerble

I'm in the same boat. I own two small businesses and have my first child on the way. I'd love to fly the 744 or the -8 but I just don't have time. I usually do short hops in the NG and the FSL320. The NG3 is really what I'm hoping is coming next. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Already own the JS41 for FSX but don't really fly it. Going to sound silly, but I find it quite tricky to set up and it also uses a fair amount of power on my PC whereas other aircraft such as the 777 do not.

I know this thread is quite old..,

Any news on the 737 or JS41?

Chris Camp

On 9/26/2019 at 2:48 PM, Kilo60 said:

I know this thread is quite old..,

Any news on the 737 or JS41?

They don't have their forums here anymore, so any updates would be there, not here. In any event, 737 is still in development.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.