Sign in to follow this  
angelorosa

acquisto software nuovo Boeing 747-400

1 hour ago, JRBarrett said:

I am reasonably fluent in Spanish, and can usually understand the gist of what is being said in written Italian or Portuguese, but that would be of little use in a spoken conversation.

But in this case, Google does give a very accurate translation of the OP’s question and the answer by the other respondent. 

We in the USA tend to have an expectation that Europeans should be fluent in English as well as their native language. Somewhat ironic considering that most Americans know no other language other than English.

In the case of Germans and Scandinavians English fluency (at least in writing) is often a given, but not all Europeans can communicate in English.

One of my coworkers was born in Turkey, grew up in Germany, and moved  here in his thirties. He speaks all three languages fluently, which is admirable.

I know there are some language -specific forums here at Avsim. I don’t know offhand if there is a forum specifically for Italian speakers. I’m certainly not offended if someone poses an occasional question in their native tongue - especially if it is a highly technical query in a vendor support forum. Usually someone who is fluent in both languages will step in to help.

Very true.. Most Italians I know don't know any english, they just have never been taught. But let China rise even more and let chinese become as important as english... we all will be so screwed..  xD

3 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

full names please, first and last... oh yeah, you've known that for ages.

And it's been there the entire time, so I'm not sure where you're going with this. Though I think somebody said if you're viewing the forum on a phone, it might not display signatures, if I remember correctly.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

1 minute ago, Captain Kevin said:

And it's been there the entire time, so I'm not sure where you're going with this. Though I think somebody said if you're viewing the forum on a phone, it might not display signatures, if I remember correctly.

I hadn't looked at the airplane that close.. To me there was a red and blue 747 with air Kevin written on it... And in my (personal) understanding a signatur is just what it is... A name under a letter, posting, whatever. I don't make the forum rules and I don't enforce them. If PMDG is happy with this way to "sign" a post, then I don't care. (Although then a Nickname as the name should be fine, too. I can write anything on an airplane.) Below the line your name is there, there's no years long exception and PMDG can look up your validation. everything's fine. 😛

Knock it off. Now.

The main language here in the forum is English. Someone asking for a translation is no more rude than someone coming into the forum and not attempting to translate into the de facto language of the forum. Google Translate works both ways.

Now...what is kinda rude is that I (and anyone else monitoring this thread) had to wade through the tangent of people dragging this discussion aside to make assertions about the existence of impropriety (an impropriety, itself).

"Business" here is conducted in English. The site is in English, our site is in English, and aviation - in general - exists in English. Is it a requirement? No. Someone asking for a translation, however, is not rude. It's a request. Not a demand. If that sort of thing bothers you, my request is that you keep it to yourself to avoid mods and other people from having to wade through accusations, and other tangential discussion, distracting people from the main issue.

Kyle Rodgers

56 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Business" here is conducted in English. The site is in English, our site is in English, and aviation - in general - exists in English. Is it a requirement?

English is the language of aviation per ICAO.  There is a reason my license has an English proficiency endorsement on the back. 🙂

Grace and Peace, 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Salve a tutti, purtroppo non conosco la lingua inglese e mi spiace enormemente perché se avrei saputo colloquiare (parlare) in inglese molto probabilmente sarebbe cambiata la mia vita ma comunque stiamo alla realtà. Credo che sia la seconda volta che scrivo sul forum e purtroppo scrivo nella mia lingua originale che è l’italiano se questo può creare problemi basta dirlo ed io mi ritiro e mi asterrò in futuro dal porre domande. Ringrazio tutti per le risposte al mio quesito ed un cordiale saluto.