Sign in to follow this  
mfy1989

Tutorial

Hi all,

I've just bought the Carenado S340 and certainly don't regret doing so as it's a great looking aircraft. Although I've consulted the manuals, it would be really useful to have a tutorial flight which explains how all the systems work together and takes you through all the procedures for completing a successful flight. Carenado don't seem to provide such a thing, unless I've missed it? If not, I wonder if anyone would be able to recommend a third party tutorial for this purpose?

Cheers,

mfy1989

http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/SAAB/SAAB-340.html

Be advised: Carenado isn't famous for their outstanding rendering of all aircraft systems...
In fact most of them are pretty basic, so don't expect to be able to follow all real life procedures by the book.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I would be interested as well. Hope someone can point us to a detailed video; I have not seen one on YouTube.

Thanks Egbert, I don't mind if it's not study level, just need something that will help me get started with it.

I can see that link is to a number of systems manuals, which I think we already have from Carenado, but I'm looking for a complete flight tutorial or 'getting started' manual using the Carenado aircraft itself. Not so bothered about following real world procedures to the letter.

It seems like there isn't such a thing, which is disappointing.

Edited by mfy1989

I've recently got this model as well and was looking for study material to understand the aircraft better … as has been said, Carenado doesn't produce full fledge documentation most of the time

However, I did find this site that I believe is very useful, hope it helps

https://sites.google.com/site/sf340com/ (Technical info and study notes - for pilots and enthusiasts of the mighty, mighty Saab 340 airliner)

Edited by madhouse1616

Very helpful and appreciated, madhouse1616!!