Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

those small things that catch you by surprise

Just a small little detail i didnt really expect to see...

While waiting for boarding to be completed i played around with the EFB, and when i hit the video button i was pretty amazed to see this:

Their navigational skills leave a bit to be desired though....

animated PAX are a GSX Level 2 feature btw, not PMDG

• Like 5

to me, it just confirms GSX2 is a total waste .......

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

30 minutes ago, vadriver said:

to me, it just confirms GSX2 is a total waste .......

There's much more than that, I appreciate the fact that i can soup up any airport with SODE jetways. But hey....thanks for sharing your opinion 😉 

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 4

I'm not sure why John was compelled to share that.  I love GSX2, and now that they have updated the gates at KLAX Bradley Intl Terminal I can finally have three jetways that really connect to the -8 doors! Yay!

• Like 2

Dan Downs KCRP

On 9/28/2018 at 4:38 PM, Woozie said:

Their navigational skills leave a bit to be desired though....

Just a flesh wound. Nothing to be concerned about. Not like they wouldn't get hurt walking through each other, let alone the wall or anything.

3 hours ago, downscc said:

now that they have updated the gates at KLAX Bradley Intl Terminal I can finally have three jetways that really connect to the -8 doors! Yay!

L1, L2, and what other door.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

13 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Just a flesh wound. Nothing to be concerned about. Not like they wouldn't get hurt walking through each other, let alone the wall or anything.

L1, L2, and what other door. 

Google Earth reveals that the third jetway only seems to be used with A380s.  All of the B747s using two, so I put the power and A/C on the MID jetway and the AFT jetway remains unused.

Dan Downs KCRP

32 minutes ago, downscc said:

Google Earth reveals that the third jetway only seems to be used with A380s.  All of the B747s using two, so I put the power and A/C on the MID jetway and the AFT jetway remains unused.

Copy, that's what I thought. The way you worded it was a little confusing.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

3 hours ago, downscc said:

.....and now that they have updated the gates at KLAX Bradley Intl Terminal I can finally have three jetways that really connect to the -8 doors! Yay!

Dan

But that is only for your aircraft ...... AI docking is no longer seen at GSX / FSDT Sode jetways. Makes the airport look abandoned, your plane is the only one boarding / deboarding.

Fortunately Sode FB / T2G / LVFR / Pacsim airports etc are not so affected.

13 hours ago, Leisurepilot said:

never noticed this.

Like me, Stefan is busy with cockpit prep to be watching passengers boarding.

for now, cheers

john martin

50 minutes ago, vadriver said:

But that is only for your aircraft ...... AI docking is no longer seen at GSX / FSDT Sode jetways. Makes the airport look abandoned, your plane is the only one boarding / deboarding.

I've not found a traffic program yet that comes close to resembling traffic.  I stay away from stuff that is more arcade than aviation.

Dan Downs KCRP

12 hours ago, downscc said:

I've not found a traffic program yet that comes close to resembling traffic

high standards indeed ... but then what happened to "freedom of choice" ... if GSX / FSDT used SODE as designed, you have the option (the later is freeware).

'tis a bit like landing in low vis at KDEN & not having the choice of PCL lighting (as you can with freeware AFLT).

for now, cheers

john martin

On 9/29/2018 at 7:47 PM, downscc said:

I'm not sure why John was compelled to share that.  I love GSX2, and now that they have updated the gates at KLAX Bradley Intl Terminal I can finally have three jetways that really connect to the -8 doors! Yay!

Did my first pickup with the 747-8 yesterday KPAE-KLAX with 19 souls on board and a hole lot of discounted fuel from the factory for next stint to EDDF.

The Lufthansa paint was fresh and i was giving 25L and gate 130 at KLAX. Performance in KLAX was great with FTX SCA,4096 textures and SODE.

Did not know they updated the scenery. Very nice all though i could not get it to work with door 2L. Only 1L. Might be me.

(PS i have some stutter/pauses close to 25L - could be GSX or FTX SCA)

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Sorry guys, just a small help here, yesterday I was trying to see the inner camera view as the above clip but the camera button at the EFB was not activated?  it was in blue and does not work no matter how many times I press it? anything I am missing here ?

And no I didn't get to read the manuals yet :).....I promise I will 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

20 minutes ago, Alaaar said:

anything I am missing here ?

Things you might know a little more if you used the EFB to take a quick run through the manuals (people have much less of an excuse now, because of that).

Were you in the 8, or the 8F?

EFB Manual - very last page 😉

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

18 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Things you might know a little more if you used the EFB to take a quick run through the manuals (people have much less of an excuse now, because of that).

Were you in the 8, or the 8F?

EFB Manual - very last page 😉

I knew it ......I saw that coming for not reading the manual 🙂 🙂 ....Anyway it's the 8 model Kyle 

I was looking forward to a nice and quiet weekend to read it  ...... Not happening yet 🙂

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5