Sign in to follow this  
RogerPotie

Altimeter settings

HiWhen I download weather,in some aircraft I get the following warning:" Your altimeter is set incorrectly. To set the altimeter, press B"I do that but it goes back automatically to the default value 1013MB. Why is so? Any settings that control that? Has Radar Contact have something to do with this?ThanksStelios

Stelios Christofides

Another consideration is how you handle the TRANSITION ALTITUDE. When climbing at or above the altimeter should set to 1013 mb. Below should use QNH or local pressure.FS considers I believe 18,000 feet as universal which of course is not correct. If you have set up a weather theme or provided downloaded weather, below this altitude it should set to local pressure.I have this information regarding TAs for various airports. It is also in the Radar Contact V4 database. RC will advise when to set standard pressure on climbing and local pressure on descending.I do not use the B key.

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

It is critical to identify WHICH program is generating the message of course. If the text itself provides no clue (color, style, placement) you'll have to do some sleuthing. I use FS (of course), RC, FsP, AS6, and Flight Keeper an have never gotten that message, at least on the ground. Some will display a message at transition altitude, but not the one you are seeing to my knowledge. Thus, as a place to start, I'd focus on the aircraft you are in. When you get the message next time, switch aircraft, and see if you still get it.

Well when I switch to a default aircraft then all its OK. These means that it must be a setting in the aircraft config file that switches the altitude indicator to 1013. I must just find where this setting is.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Stelios,I used this small modure "fs2002pressuregauge.zip" from AVSIM library to know the pressure. When it changes I adapt accordingly the altimeter.Of course above the transition altitude I do not use it.Previously I had the same problem as you. Since I installed the small gauge I got rid of the problem.

Roger

See my specs in my profile