Sign in to follow this  
ibraheemfauzi

PMDG 747-8 Thrust reversers aren't animating.

I just installed it and I'm having this weird issue where the thrust reverses animation isn't doing what it should be doing -  I have the thrust reverses fully deployed but as you see the engine cowling isn't opening like it should. Has anyone experienced such issue before? Any suggested fixes? It animates fine on the 747-400.

See attached screenshots please: https://imgur.com/gallery/fSghYWT

6 hours ago, ibraheemfauzi said:

I just installed it and I'm having this weird issue where the thrust reverses animation isn't doing what it should be doing -  I have the thrust reverses fully deployed but as you see the engine cowling isn't opening like it should. Has anyone experienced such issue before? Any suggested fixes? It animates fine on the 747-400.

Welcome to Avsim. I moved your topic to the P3D forum as you posted it in the “In Memory of Tom Allensworth”. The late Tom Allensworth was the founder of Avsim and support topics don’t belong in that section.

You didn’t clarify which sim you’re using so I had to assume it was P3D. If it’s FSX I can move it to that forum. 

PMDG also has an Official Support forum on Avsim as well if you scroll further down.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

7 hours ago, ibraheemfauzi said:

are  you  using  any  reply  at  all  to  view?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

29 minutes ago, ibraheemfauzi said:

I'm on P3D V4.3

If you are using instant replay, you will not see the animation.  I understand you have to use something like FS Recorder for that to happen.  In my case, I was able to load to an active runway, go to external view, click on F2 and see the animation.  If I did an instant replay, the animation would not show.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

7 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

If you are using instant replay, you will not see the animation.  I understand you have to use something like FS Recorder for that to happen.  In my case, I was able to load to an active runway, go to external view, click on F2 and see the animation.  If I did an instant replay, the animation would not show.

No, not replays or what's so ever, I'm in normal flight, pretty aware of the replays limitation.

Then you will need to go to the PMDG site and submit a trouble ticket as the reverser animation does work.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 minute ago, ibraheemfauzi said:

I did and awaiting their reply.

Be sure, if you get an answer that fixes the problem, to report back here so it could possibly help someone else.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Locked as member submitted trouble ticket to PMDG.  Topic originally appeared in Tom's Memorial Forum.

Submit News to AVSIM