Sign in to follow this  
Akila

how to limit my Yoke/Aircraft Max angle?

2 minutes ago, Akila said:

i personally didn't find an issue in that area, I only experienced the ailerons issue.
maybe you have the elevators issues, I don't know

I severely doubt that your game yoke travel in pitch is even remotely close to a real yoke. So the 'problem' is exactly the same, you just can't see it 😉

7 minutes ago, J35OE said:

I severely doubt that your game yoke travel in pitch is even remotely close to a real yoke. So the 'problem' is exactly the same, you just can't see it 😉

for me personally it reacts (elevators) almost as it does on the Cessna I fly, so for me personally this is not an issue.
like I said, maybe you have an issue on your side with the elevators, i don't know, you would know best.

As i mentioned before, my issue is currently focusing on the ailerons, let's not digress. unless you having issues on the elevators/pitch
you want to raise and you seeking for a solution, than be my guest, go for it, you can change the topic of this discussion and we will tackle your problem too.

Edited by Akila

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

4 minutes ago, Akila said:

for me personally it reacts (elevators) almost as it does on the Cessna I fly, so for me personally this is not an issue.
like I said, maybe you have an issue on your side with the elevators, i don't know, you would know best.

As i mentioned before, my issue is currently focusing on the ailerons, let's not digress. 

Since you think that the pitch response is ok despite the reduced travel, maybe it's not the yoke but the FDE that's off. Have you considered this possibility?

I don't have any issues with elevators, rudders or aileron because I got used to the joystick restrictions like everybody else 😉 

Edited by J35OE

2 hours ago, J35OE said:

Since you think that the pitch response is ok despite the reduced travel, maybe it's not the yoke but the FDE that's off. Have you considered this possibility?

The issue and cause I already described.

2 hours ago, J35OE said:

I don't have any issues with elevators, rudders or aileron because I got used to the joystick restrictions like everybody else 😉 

you know there are two way to approach and deal with a problem.

1. accept it and live with it, like you did (acceptance)

2. fix the problem or adjust it better (mitigation)

I chose the later 🙂

Edited by Akila

Joel Strikovsky

3 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

If using FSUIPC to calibrate it is just a tiny bit more difficult. One can make it more sensitive thru the FSUIPC dialog easily, the other way around not so.
1) With the sim closed open up your FSUIPC.ini in a text editor
2) In the [JoystickCalibration] section look for the entry -
Aileron=-16384,-100,100,16384  (Numbers will not be the same - 1st# = left full, 2nd & 3rd#s = null zone, 4th# = right full)
3) Adjust the 1st & 4th numbers above by the factor you determine to match the vc yoke - 1 divided by how much you want to reduce sensitivity
   1 / 0.5 = 2 ---> +/-16384 * 2 = 32768
4) The new resulting entry will be -
Aileron=-32768,-100,100,32768 
5) IMPERATIVE!! If there is a line "SlopeAileron=some number" - remove this line. The slope needs the full range of in versus out to calculate properly. 

i managed to make this work through the FSUIPC option.
thanks for the help it is now works beautifully as expected 

• Like 1

Joel Strikovsky

8 hours ago, Akila said:

you know there are two way to approach and deal with a problem.

1. accept it and live with it, like you did (acceptance)

2. fix the problem or adjust it better (mitigation)

You didn't 'fix' anything. They only thing you did is to cripple the FDE.

Most FDE designers (and even the default FSX 172 has this feature) know the problem of the too high sensitivity due to the limited joystick travel.

Hence e.g. the 172 doesn't have a linear travel in the aileron axis, it starts with only 30% of the 'real' aileron travel at the center, at 1/3 joystick deflection you get only 50% of the 'real' aileron travel and a 1:1 deflection occurs only above 2/3 joystick travel.

With your 'fix' you limited the aileron deflection to 50% of its realistic value within your 'preferred' deflection range and at the same time you reduced the realistic roll capability of the 172 by 50%.

As mentioned before, if you feel that the roll rate is correct with a 50% reduced aileron travel (plus another 50% reduction with your 'fix') than it's the FDE that's off...  

Edited by J35OE

My point was that the ANIMATION you see has absolutely NO effect on the FDE. I understood the OP having an issue with the animation not looking right. I've seen some a/c where the aileron animation doesn't move at all and yet the a/c banks.

Anyhow, for him it is "fixed" - let's leave it at that.

This one needs to go.....

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors