Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

FMC RUNWAY DIS

Pretty sure this isn't a fault, but I got this message on departure from ZBAA RWY 01 (essentially replicating CA981).  I wasn't on the incorrect runway, and I've been doing some reading, occasionally this error is generated in error (bit of  mouthful) in the real aircraft.  The feature is a safety feature to ensure line-up happens on the intended runway for departure, but GPS datums are perhaps 'not as good' in some parts of China, and I've read a number of posts from real world pilots that have noticed this and consequently inhibit GPS for departures.

Is this happening because Navigraph is using real data and the GPS is incorrect in that data?  Or is it something simpler.

Cheers

Craig Read, EGLL

I've flown the -8 into and out of ZBAA by WFSS several times without this message.  Try deleting the ARPT_RWY.dat file in your PMDG\NavData folder.  The file will be rebuilt when you load a 777/747.

If you are using default scenery then I wouldn't be surprised it those runways were placed incorrectly.

Dan Downs KCRP

8 hours ago, yayayilbx said:

I have same issue with -8 both on ZBAA by WFSS or KMEM by FSDT when I takeoff,I try to delete ARPT_RWY.dat but have no luck....

Welcome to the PMDG forums.  Please note their rules ask for our full name on all posts in their forums.

This message on the EICAS or the FMC?  If EICAS then I'd suggest you're having a panel state file problem and those need to be rebuilt.

Dan Downs KCRP

12 hours ago, downscc said:

This message on the EICAS or the FMC?  If EICAS then I'd suggest you're having a panel state file problem and those need to be rebuilt.

I got this message on the EICAS...Please advise what is the problem of panel state and how to rebuild it.I have load the cold&dark panel state everytime ,then start apu,setting flight plan,start engine and so on by myself...