Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[29SEP18] PMDG 747 QOTSII Update 3.00.9019 Released via OC

Captains,

(Sorry for all the acronyms in the header...  Someone at AVSim decided to crimp the title character allowance so you can't relay enough information to make it relevant unless you condense everything.)

A few moments ago we released an update for the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II and PMDG 747-8 Queen of the Skies II Expansion products for both the FSX and Prepar3D platforms.

This update is primarily targeted at smoothing a few items that came up in the days post-release, with a bit of performance enhancement and some other detail cleanup as well. 

You can get this update by running the PMDG Operations Center, then clicking on the settings wheel.  You should see a flag there to alert you of the present of the updates, and you can install from there.  Note that if you have FSX and FSX/SE, or if you have Prepar3D v3 and Prepar3D v4 installed side-by-side, you may see multiple flags.  We recommend you just click through all of them to install the available updates, and then close the operations center, and re-open it.  Then you will likely see some flags to alert you that your liveries may need repair in the 747-8.

Once you have done this, you are all set and can head off to fly!

If you ever wonder whether you are up-do-date with the latest, simply run the PMDG Operations Center, select your product, and then click on VERSIONS.  This will tell you the most current version available and the version you have installed for each product and expansion.

Thank you for your support of this (and all!) PMDG products-  you guys have really been incredibly kind and supportive of this one.  She is simply a magnificent airplane and it makes us very happy to see how much you are enjoying this new expansion to the PMDG 747 product line!

The change list for this update is as follows:

PMDG 747-400/8 QOTSII **WIDE BETA** - BUILD 3.00.9019 (Released 2018-09-27) [ View Issues ]
===========================================================================
- 0007249: [Systems - Lighting - VC/2D] Panel lighting (backlight) too low during daylight (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0007229: [External Model - Geometry] Main gear hydraulick piston not placed correctly (jbrown) - resolved.
- 0007238: [External Model - Geometry] Possible hole in -8f model (jbrown) - resolved.
- 0007215: [External Model - Geometry] Side Cargo door opening speed (jbrown) - resolved.
- 0007214: [External Model - Geometry] No lights in the main deck cargo (jbrown) - resolved.
- 0007231: [External Model - Geometry] Landing lights no reflection on fuselage in FSX (jbrown) - resolved.
- 0007222: [Systems - Hydraulic] RAT line missing from HYD3 in HYD synoptics page (rsrandazzo) - resolved.
- 0007247: [EFB - General] EFB touchscreen does not register correctly the mouse position (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0007239: [Virtual Cockpit - Functionality/Click-Spots] CANC RJCT button fonts (vscimone) - resolved.
- 0007245: [EFB - General] EFB Passenger numbers incorrect when KG option is selected (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0007244: [General - Unsure] Number of passengers in PAYLOAD page change when fuel is set (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0007233: [Virtual Cockpit - View Presets] CDUs and ECL view preset is not zoomable (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0007242: [FMS - Initialization] 8F Ident page not correct (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0007243: [Systems - Lighting - VC/2D] FLOOD/PANEL LTS DEFAULT LVL options on SIMULATION page reversed (vscimone) - resolved.
- 0007241: [EFB - Performance and Computational] Wrong min/max takeoff weight values in EFB OPT calculation error message with OPTIMUM flaps (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0007237: [General - Unsure] ET/CHR digits displayed when loading default panel state (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0007236: [Main Panel - EFIS Controls] INBOARD DSPL selectors in wrong position when loading the default panel states (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0007235: [Pedestal - Radios/Comms/Navs] TCAS mode switch in wrong position when loading the default panel state (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0007219: [Virtual Cockpit - Functionality/Click-Spots] Source Select Switches incorrect position during panel state load (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0007234: [EFB - General] CTD when scanning EFB airports (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0007216: [FMS - Setup/Options Pages] ELEC GEN OFF IS (CAUTION <-> ADVISORY) not saving (rsrandazzo) - resolved.
- 0007228: [External Model - Geometry] Rapid change in FPS disrupts stability of engine pylon flex computation. (rsrandazzo) - resolved.
- 0007224: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Visible Seam (vscimone) - resolved.
- 0007218: [External Model - Geometry] Several reports of missing landing gear on load (jbrown) - resolved.
- 0007217: [General - Suggested/Missing Features] Reset engine EGT after shutdown to ambient temperature (aids quick ignition for -8) (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0007221: [FREEZES - All Types] Several users reporting non responsive aircraft and frozen displays on departure (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0007220: [Main Panel - Aural/Visual Warning Systems] SEATBELTS OFF (748 only EICAS message) does not clear when panel state loaded into 744 (rsrandazzo) - resolved.
- 0007248: [General - 2D Panels] Background panel lighting for the Radio tuning panel in 2D pop up Inop (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0007250: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] INOP light in 8F cockpit (vscimone) - resolved.
- 0007251: [Virtual Cockpit - Functionality/Click-Spots] Wrong mouse pointer symbol on STB power switch on 8 passenger (vscimone) - resolved.
- 0007201: [FMS - Route/Legs Pages] FIX Page distance limit (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
[31 Items]

• Like 17
  • Upvote 5

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Wow I was fast: got it even before this post 😋

Thanks for the update!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the update. The change of payload after entering the fuel was puzzling me.

By the way Robert,  what's the best way to get to you when I've noticed a wrong system simulation in the 747-8? Via Forum or via support ticket? It's about the refueling logic with high amounts of fuel. 

Regards, always three greens and happy landings,

Max

Aerospace Engineer and Private Pilot
TriStarbanner_zpsefe0294f.jpg
Flightdiary

9 minutes ago, maxsill said:

Thanks for the update. The change of payload after entering the fuel was puzzling me.

By the way Robert,  what's the best way to get to you when I've noticed a wrong system simulation in the 747-8? Via Forum or via support ticket? It's about the refueling logic with high amounts of fuel. 

ticket for sure! FINALLY, I thought the changing payloads after loading fuel was just me. Was driving me up the wall.

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks for the update!!! Cant wait for the EFB on the T7!!

Efrain RodriguezP3DWindows 10 64bitIntel i7 6700 4.0 Quad Core NVidia GTX1070<p>120SSD / 2TB

49 minutes ago, maxsill said:

Certainly a support ticket, but I have to ask, does it appear to be anything like this?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Is that list of updates only for the -8?

I'm not buying the expansion anytime soon and I'm wondering if I need to install this just for the -400. I still haven't even installed the stand alone installer when the -8 was released.

I'm lazy and I have a 4 day coming up....I dont want to mess around with reinstalling stuff at the moment.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

27 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Certainly a support ticket, but I have to ask, does it appear to be anything like this?

I saw this too

1 hour ago, captainsazzman said:

ticket for sure! FINALLY, I thought the changing payloads after loading fuel was just me. Was driving me up the wall.

This morning I was fooling with the payload to get under a TO weight restriction. The GW kept rising, and rising, and rising. There was no way to get it down, even after going to empty. This was in the -8. I haven't checked it since the update today.

gotta wait to update, I'm over the Pacific in the 748 (just passed 18S70) on my way to YSSY from KLAX - about 4 /12 more hours😁

2 minutes ago, pracines said:

gotta wait to update, I'm over the Pacific in the 748 (just passed 18S70) on my way to YSSY from KLAX - about 4 /12 more hours😁

I just updated over the Pacific. Call me impatient I guess....

19 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Is that list of updates only for the -8?

I'm not buying the expansion anytime soon and I'm wondering if I need to install this just for the -400. I still haven't even installed the stand alone installer when the -8 was released.

I'm lazy and I have a 4 day coming up....I dont want to mess around with reinstalling stuff at the moment.

Looks like some things for the -400 were updated.

13 minutes ago, MattS said:

I just updated over the Pacific. Call me impatient I guess....

How did that turn out.

16 minutes ago, MattS said:

I saw this too

Copy. I was wondering if anybody else had seen this, but nobody else responded, so I wasn't sure.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I saved, exited, updated, repaired liveries, and then reloaded. No issues.