Sign in to follow this  
Guest Philip Olson

AIRCRAFT WILL NOT SHOW IN SELECTION BOX

Guest BLUEMOON1

Did a complete reinstall of fs9, noticed that the selection box would not show aircraft in selection box UNLESS I have the full screen turned off, If I have the (I am really computer stupid) screen with the task bar above and below it works(hope that makes sense). Also note that this may have occured after the install of USA ROADS but not sure.

Same thing happened to me just yesterday. Along with a reinstallation of FS9 I installed the 91.31 video drivers. Anyone know of a connection between the two?Regards,Leon

Guest SJDickson

The problem happens with nVidia cards when anti-aliasing is enabled in the video card driver. It only happens in full-screen mode and only affects the preview window. As far as I know, there is no solution or work around.

>The problem happens with nVidia cards when anti-aliasing is>enabled in the video card driver. It only happens in>full-screen mode and only affects the preview window. As far>as I know, there is no solution or work around.>>>Actually you can has AA set up to 4X before you get this problem. This has been a problem for NVIDIA cards for quite sometime now. I know they are aware of the issue, but it never seems to get addressed by them. I guess it's something we just will have to live with. It does mess up other addons in FS9 as well though. In FSPassengers it will black out the entire length of the screen where it's dialog box appears instead of just displaying it as a small box in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The FX 5600XT seems to have a problem with the 91.31 NVIDIA drivers at AA = 2X (on the referenced opening menu), but everything else works fine...as far as I've been able tell. I think I'll just deal with it until the next version. Regards,Leon

Guest PPSFA

Nvidia drivers, messes up the View Options ingame also.I have emailed Nvidia about it but of course they never answer

Guest BLUEMOON1

Never flown a mustang; but I have flown an aerostar700 and I am sure thats as close as I will get. Thanks for the response,saves me alot of looking and goofing around. I can live with it. More time for the Queen.

Guest Philip Olson

Since nobody has said anything about it yet, I will. You can of course try different drivers, some drivers cause this and others don't. Recently I also "upgraded" my drivers and I have the same problem, I just have not gotten around to rolling back to my older drivers so I am putting up with this for now. Remember that having the latest driver is not always the best, I try to encourage gamers to try multiple drivers because sometimes a much older driver will perform far better than the latest and greatest driver. Once you find the driver that provides you with the best performance and graphics, keep a copy of it on hand so when you get stupid and think the newest driver will make things better you can easily go back. :-)Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg