Sign in to follow this  
armchair_pilot

AIFP3 - AI traffic using wrong elevation data

2 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Keep in mind that the FAIB models are used in the FLAi package, with the same default FAIB FDE's. You also mentioned that you had MyT6 in before, have you removed/disabled the MyT6 afcads?

Hi Dave, yes completely uninstalled MT6.

Are you seeing this right after loading in or also after like 15-20 minutes? The AI will often do this right after loading in.

They might come in too low and land before getting to the runway, or they might come in too high and do a nosedive into the runway. But after about 15-20 minutes things will be good. This is normal, it just takes the AI system a while to get itself sorted after you load into an airport.

Of course, it might be something else, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

• Like 1

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

4 minutes ago, kmagelie said:

Are you seeing this right after loading in or also after like 15-20 minutes? The AI will often do this right after loading in.

They might come in too low and land before getting to the runway, or they might come in too high and do a nosedive into the runway. But after about 15-20 minutes things will be good. This is normal, it just takes the AI system a while to get itself sorted after you load into an airport.

Of course, it might be something else, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Read about this but thought it was only an FS9 issue. I will load up the sim and wait for a while to see if things settle up.

It should all settle down and can take upto 30-45 mins even. The AI engine hasn't changed since FS9, so all of its quirks are still with us.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

No luck until now. It's been 1 hour so far and they are still landing short of RWY06 (RWY24 seems fine, touchdowns are on spot). What I also noticed is that the AI is always off centerline during takeoff/landing.

Have you had a look at other airports?

I'd suggest having a good look at the airport file for ELLX then. 

7 hours ago, armchair_pilot said:

That is the exact same scenario I was observing. What version of ELLX do you have? Mine is 1.3 and applied the fixes for P3Dv4 from SimMarket but it did not change anything. Also where did you position the scenery in the library? Thanks!

Same version 1.3. I put all the individual airports (EKCH, ELLX, LSZH, etc) at the highest priority using "addon.xml" files. Looking thru my notes on installation I see that ELLX needs AEC disabled in Orbx Vector which might be your problem with the short landings.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

5 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Same version 1.3. I put all the individual airports (EKCH, ELLX, LSZH, etc) at the highest priority using "addon.xml" files. Looking thru my notes on installation I see that ELLX needs AEC disabled in Orbx Vector which might be your problem with the short landings.

Don't have vector. I may try to install the airport through the addon.xml method and see what it does. Can't do anything wrong I guess..

Seems like VoxATC has been the issue the whole time. When I disable it and use the default P3D ATC the landings are fine. Now I don't know why Vox assumes the default AFCAD of the airport and how it can have such an effect on the AI..

Edited by armchair_pilot

1 hour ago, armchair_pilot said:

Seems like VoxATC has been the issue the whole time. When I disable it and use the default P3D ATC the landings are fine. Now I don't know why Vox assumes the default AFCAD of the airport and how it can have such an effect on the AI..

Right, VOXAtc controls the AI so if it is still using the old AFCAD it will explain what you are experiencing.

I don't own VOXATC but PRO-ATCX has a function to update the ATC information by re-reading the simulator AFCAD files and scenary. Perhaps VOXATC has a similar function? Have a look inside the user manual and your problem might be solved.

Regards

Simbol 

With any change to either AI schedules or scenery, the VOXATC indexer utility must be run before starting the sim. I doubt that is the problem though. It sounds like your setup has multiple copies the specific airport, not including the stock version. 

11 hours ago, simbol said:

Right, VOXAtc controls the AI so if it is still using the old AFCAD it will explain what you are experiencing.

I don't own VOXATC but PRO-ATCX has a function to update the ATC information by re-reading the simulator AFCAD files and scenary. Perhaps VOXATC has a similar function? Have a look inside the user manual and your problem might be solved.

Regards

Simbol 

Vox does have an indexing option to update all the changes made to schedules/scenery.

7 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

With any change to either AI schedules or scenery, the VOXATC indexer utility must be run before starting the sim. I doubt that is the problem though. It sounds like your setup has multiple copies the specific airport, not including the stock version. 

I always run the indexer even after making the smallest changes. The airport in question is the only one I have installed, checked that multiple times, no duplicates. Still, with Vox enabled the AI does not act like it should. I also found aircraft taxiing through grass which clearly indicates that it's relying on the default AFCAD.

It seems to me I read somewhere in the VOXATC forums that things like this might happen if the addon airport does not completely replace the default one?

Anyway there must be something with this scenery the default ATC tolerates which VOX does not.

Edited by armchair_pilot

1 hour ago, armchair_pilot said:

Vox does have an indexing option to update all the changes made to schedules/scenery.

In that case I think you have done already all the tests you can, it is time to contact VOXATC support team with all the relevant information, IE: Your tests, scenery with the issue, screenshots, videos and anything you can so they can help you the best way posible, as a general advise remember that the more amount of information you can send in a calm, polite and concise will help you to ensure that you can engage much better with the developer / support staff as they will  feel much happier to work with you in order to address the problem the best way posible.

If there is a solution, they will find it and if there is none they might suggest alternatives so you can continue enjoying your flying simulation experience.

Regards,
S.