Sign in to follow this  
armchair_pilot

AIFP3 - AI traffic using wrong elevation data

So I stumbled across the freeware AI model project called "FLAi". I chose the xml addon method to add the AI models to the sim and used AIFP3 to link the new models to some AIG flightplans. In the sim (P3D v4.3) traffic shows up but still seems to use the default airport AFCAD instead of the one from my payware addon. Noticed this once I saw the AI touch down 100 ft before the runway threshold as the addon airports elevation is a bit higher than the default one.

In AIFP3 the option to use addon airport data is checked and I let the app collect all my addon airports I have installed. When selecting "find scenery files for selected airport" in AIFP3 it clearly shows the addon airports AFCAD with the stock one beneath. There are also no duplicate .bgl entries. What could be the problem here?

Check the priority of your AFCAD files under the scenary configuration, the correct one should have the highest priority.

Another factor could be if you are using ORBX vector.

Finally how many AI models did this? Just one? Or all? This can also happens if the flight dynamics of the AI model are incorrect, there are many other factors that cause this so you will need to continue debugging until you find the cause.

Regards,

Simbol 

Hi Simbol, do you mean the scenery library? All addon airports are pretty much at the top. I don't have vector, only FTX global.

Until now I've only seen a single airline do this but with every aircraft. I need to compile a few more FPs to see if it is an FDE issue.

1 hour ago, armchair_pilot said:

Hi Simbol, do you mean the scenery library? All addon airports are pretty much at the top. I don't have vector, only FTX global.

Until now I've only seen a single airline do this but with every aircraft. I need to compile a few more FPs to see if it is an FDE issue.

Yes the scenary library, the correct AFCAD has to take precedence.

It could be also an FDE isue, you will need to test further.

Remember that FLAI was developed for being use with Vpilot for model matching and represent online pilots, so their FDE might not be accurate.

Regards 

Simbol 

Just tested with a model from FSX AI Bureau instead of FLAi, same behaviour despite different FDE. Switched the flightplan from AIG with one from UTT, no difference. Don't know what else to test. I just don't want to go back to MyTraffic6, those models are horrible and heavy on performance at the same time..

Edited by armchair_pilot

I don't think it's a problem with the AI model, otherwise you'd see this landing issue at other airports, plus you already tried with an FAIB model at the same airport and the same thing happened.

You should uninstall the addon airport and see if the planes land correctly at the default airport which I'll bet they will. Then install the addon airport again making sure that it's at the top of the scenery library.  If you get this behavior again then it's likely a problem with the addon airport. Sometimes strange behavior like this can happen due to a flaw in the addon airport's afcad.

Dave 

• Like 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

2 hours ago, armchair_pilot said:

Until now I've only seen a single airline do this but with every aircraft.

I just saw this in your other post.  If it's only a single airline doing this then maybe it's an issue with compiling its traffic bgl using AIFP.  Check the airport list that you're using when you compile the traffic bgl and make sure the entry for the addon airport is correct.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I may have been a little too fast with this statement. In fact every airline does that, just reactivated MT6 and even then the AI lands in front of the runway on the grass. Seems to really be an issue with the airport itself. I remember reinstalling the scenery but that did not resolve the problem.

• Like 1

Ah forgot to mention, sorry. It is ELLX from Justsim. Haven't found anything yet about this particular issue on google but they claim their addon to be 'Fully AI traffic compatible with accurat AFCAD file' .

Ok, all I can suggest is to remove it and check if the AI lands without problems on the default airport.

If it does, then you will be certain that the issue is related to this Addon.

Regards,

S.

P3D v4.3, Win10-64, UTLive, Orbx Global, Vector and OpenLC Europe

Just sat off the end of RWY06 Justsim ELLX and watched a landing. Landing was spot on, not short. 3 takeoffs were all from the numbers, not off somewhere in the grass.

Don't know whether this helps you or not.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

17 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

P3D v4.3, Win10-64, UTLive, Orbx Global, Vector and OpenLC Europe

Just sat off the end of RWY06 Justsim ELLX and watched a landing. Landing was spot on, not short. 3 takeoffs were all from the numbers, not off somewhere in the grass.

Don't know whether this helps you or not.

That is the exact same scenario I was observing. What version of ELLX do you have? Mine is 1.3 and applied the fixes for P3Dv4 from SimMarket but it did not change anything. Also where did you position the scenery in the library? Thanks!

3 hours ago, armchair_pilot said:

Just tested with a model from FSX AI Bureau instead of FLAi, same behaviour despite different FDE.

Keep in mind that the FAIB models are used in the FLAi package, with the same default FAIB FDE's. You also mentioned that you had MyT6 in before, have you removed/disabled the MyT6 afcads?

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS