Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Garmin Pilot and other EFB Tablets with P3D - XMAPSY V2

Hi Folks,

I've been looking for ages (years) to come up with some means to connect my Garmin Pilot iPad EFB app to P3D (which I use in the RW)...  I just came across this little utility and it seems to work pretty well - in addition it supports connections to other EFB's... Free limited area demo available from web page... Sometimes Garmin Pilot seems to lose synch with the FS position and toggles between RW position and FS position very rapidly... It doesn't happen often and I simply turn off simulation mode on Garmin Pilot - then turn it back on - then it seems to run fine... I like it and now it allows me to practice with the EFB app I run in the cockpit... It's reasonably priced and worth a look if you're in a similar situation...

Disclosure: I am in no way, shape, or form related to this product - simply a happy customer...

XMAPSY V2 

http://www.sternenkater.de/ 

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks for the heads-up.

gb.

• Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I'm using this with Skydemon.

Works Okay...... it is very slow however. Littlenavmap or any other mapping software does appear to react faster to P3D activity.

It may be because my client PCs that run the mapping apps remotely, are hard wired into my Ethernet network, whereas my Skydemon runs on a wireless tablet.

But it is surely worth it for 10 bucks.

........And Skydemon is awesome.

But, as a matter of interest, is Garmin Flite worth the extra In your opinion ?

Skydemon is mainly for UK or Euro CAR of course, and costs 10 bucks per month.

So at present, I pay 20 quid a month for both Skydemon and Navigraph Charts, which together seem give me enough information.

24 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

I'm using this with Skydemon.

Works Okay...... it is very slow however. Littlenavmap or any other mapping software does appear to react faster to P3D activity.

It may be because my client PCs that run the mapping apps remotely, are hard wired into my Ethernet network, whereas my Skydemon runs on a wireless tablet.

But it is surely worth it for 10 bucks.

........And Skydemon is awesome.

But, as a matter of interest, is Garmin Flite worth the extra In your opinion ?

Skydemon is mainly for UK or Euro CAR of course, and costs 10 bucks per month.

So at present, I pay 20 quid a month for both Skydemon and Navigraph Charts, which together seem give me enough information.

Hi Gabe,

Yeah - XMAPSY seems too slow to use with Synthetic Vision and such - as the update rate is painfully slow... Other than that - for GPS navigation it seems fine...

I think an update for my Garmin Pilot fixed that toggling issue I mentioned in the above post - I don't seem to have it anymore...

As for the subscription for Garmin Pilot - I find it a tad expensive for flight simulator use... I just renewed and it's $150.00 for the full US package with georeferenced approach plates... I've tried most of the RW EFB's available - the big two seem to be Foreflight and Garmin Pilot - Garmin Pilot has a few features I like better... It's what I choose to use in the RW cockpit - so the expense is justified in my mind and connecting it to P3D makes for some good practice... I believe both Foreflight and Garmin offer 30 day free trials if you want to test it out...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 10/17/2018 at 7:20 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Gabe,

Yeah - XMAPSY seems too slow to use with Synthetic Vision and such - as the update rate is painfully slow... Other than that - for GPS navigation it seems fine...

I think an update for my Garmin Pilot fixed that toggling issue I mentioned in the above post - I don't seem to have it anymore...

As for the subscription for Garmin Pilot - I find it a tad expensive for flight simulator use... I just renewed and it's $150.00 for the full US package with georeferenced approach plates... I've tried most of the RW EFB's available - the big two seem to be Foreflight and Garmin Pilot - Garmin Pilot has a few features I like better... It's what I choose to use in the RW cockpit - so the expense is justified in my mind and connecting it to P3D makes for some good practice... I believe both Foreflight and Garmin offer 30 day free trials if you want to test it out...

Regards,
Scott

Well thnx for the info.

Garmin is a bit too rich for me as I need Europe and Australia too.... leaving me with a 750 buck bill !

As a matter of interest, sorry to hijack, these Reborn Ai lights ..... do they work with Ultimate Teaffic Ai, or just default P3D Ai ?

1 hour ago, DavidT811 said:

Just did some testing and got this to work with FltPlan GO EFB

FltPlan Go has it's own app for connecting to the Sim....

It is not "easy" to find...one would think you would find the link easy from the website but you can not 🙂

http://www.fltplan.com/fsx.htm

Works with P3Dv4.5 just fine.

Les O'Reilly

Yes I’ve used that one but i wanted to see if I could get VATSIM traffic to display using ADSB and it worked. Only problem is the ADSB shows FIS-B as N/A so u can’t go to “Airports” and look at the METAR. Work around it to have METAR as an overlay.