Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

Is there a simplified standalone FMC avialable for non FMC panels?

Guest FooFighter

HelloI was wondering if there might be a snap-on FMC available for non FMC panels as I really want to fly SID/STArs imported from FSbuild2.I ma having nightmares with the GPS and even importing from FSbuild2 into FS2004, the GPS doen't seem to like SID/Stars at all.So hence the question.Thanks,Gian

Guest FooFighter

Hello NormanThank you so much!!!!Will definately giove this a go.Thanks again :)Regards,Gian

Guest Crimguy

Have you tried the Reality XP Garmin 530? Not an fmc, but fully SID/STAR capable. Does not take fsbuild though . . .

Guest United

The big problem with the Garmins that are external to FS2004 is that their database is old and cannot be altered. If you know differently, please let me know I am wrong in that.Randy Jura, KPDX

Randy,Garmin updated the Jeppersen database to 9/2005 which is compatible with the Reality-XP trainer software. Although it's not the latest, it is preferable to the original from 2002. Here's a post from Reality-XP outlining the procedure for an in-place upgrade:http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...?TID=13589&PN=1 Jim Karnhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Guest FooFighter

FSBuild can export to FS2004 though. Would I be able to use this*pln file then to import into the Garmin?Thanks,Gian

If you are flying turboprops and other complex panel types without a navigation display but want one similar to your PMDG (I have the 737NG) navigation display consider Reality-XP's two Jetline products. They will take the FS9 .pln files that FSB exports. I have the JL 2 and JL3.I also like the Apollo 50 for small aircraft. That does have its own db as I recall but I have had no problems reading waypoints. Only the info retrieval might vary. It also can link (optional) with the JL series for track display.www.reality-xp.com

And to clarify the Apollo 50 is a totally different product. It has a menu that will pull in FS9 flight plans from your specified folder.

Guest United

Thanks for the link, I had no idea they had done that.Randy Jura, KPDX