Sign in to follow this  
John Reynolds

how to FULLY remove all A1 aircraft

hi although I have deleted A1 aircraft in the aircraft config page I still have a large showing of aircraft on entering the airport, WHY? I need an empty airport for Xlife. Can any one help please

john reynolds

Which airport ? Some manual downloaded airports have static aircraft as scenery objects. Those will not be removed.

This option to remove static AI aircraft is only recent added.

I think you posted thiss on xplane.org. Untick "display parked aircraft" out side that, if the airport developer has put static aircraft in his scenery, than you may have to read his readme file to find how to remove them, as that is not an xplane issue.

Hi - and just to elaborate on the answers given:

There are five (5) types of aircraft you could see in X-Plane:

1.) The users (your own) aircraft

2.) Multiplayer aircraft

3.) AI aircraft

4.) Dynamic static aircraft (parked at ramp start positions)

4.) Object based static aircraft

You can control 2,3 and 4 by making the apt choices in the settings (i.e. have no multiplayer going, limiting the number of AI aircraft or unticking the "display parked aircraft" box.

Your own airplane (just mentioned for the sake of completeness) is always shown, and the option 4 aircraft are part of some (older) airports - just like buildings, lights, trashcans and windsocks, etc. The only way to get "rid" of those is to:

A.) Hope for a future update to the airport

B.) Write to the designer and ask him for a future update

C.) Use WED to remove those objects yourself.

Hope this clarifies it, Jan

Hi Janov and to all that took the trouble to reply

thank you so much. just know that prior to reinstalling ive upgraded from Laptop to PC I didn't have this problem. I will now double check every single box in setup. Thank you 

12 minutes ago, John Reynolds said:

Hi Janov and to all that took the trouble to reply

thank you so much. just know that prior to reinstalling ive upgraded from Laptop to PC I didn't have this problem. I will now double check every single box in setup. Thank you 

feel such a divvy. unchecked "parked Aircraft" problem sorted. in truth I had never noticed that before. agasin thank you 

Hey John, happy to hear its working for you!

Happy landings (and in the case of this problem: Happy parking! 😋)

Cheers, Jan