Sign in to follow this  
Digital_Doge5

Glass cockpit for the Caravan

I have been looking all over for just a freeware panel upgrade for a G1000 flight display for the Cessna 208 grand caravan. Is there any place I can download one?

I've just downloaded and installed a Piper Meridian from a freeware site that has a G1000 panel.  I will try it in a while to see how it looks.   The Piper Meridian is a turboprop aircraft and I would suppose the panel could be used in the Cessna Caravan.

Stay tuned...film at 11.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I'll show screenshots of the aircraft and 2D panel.  You will need the G1000.cab file, providing you have FSX Deluxe version or Acceleration.  I had to make adjustments to the sizes of the PFD, Comm panel, and MFD:

gauge00=G1000!g1000_pfd_meridian,   160, 375, 375, 300                 
gauge01=G1000!audio_panel,  550, 375, 66,300
gauge02=G1000!MFD_meridian,   630, 375, 375, 300

Keep in mind that this will be a 2D panel only and if you edit the panel.cfg correctly you can have the regular VC.

Piper.JPG

Piper1.JPG

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I actually found the site that has a G1000 panel for the 208 Caravan.  This will be better than my other post.

http://www.fs2x.com/G1000 Web Page.htm

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

46 minutes ago, Digital_Doge5 said:

there's passwords on it

OK, sorry I didn't realize it was a payware package.  If you click on the Freeware tab, then you can download their freeware package like I did for the Piper Meridian.

This site may work??  https://www.scumari.nl/flightsim/fsx/panels/garmin-g1000

Your only other choice is a payware 208 Caravan.

Charlie Aron

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

OK, sorry I didn't realize it was a payware package.  If you click on the Freeware tab, then you can download their freeware package like I did for the Piper Meridian.

This site may work??  https://www.scumari.nl/flightsim/fsx/panels/garmin-g1000

Your only other choice is a payware 208 Caravan.

weres the Caravan download?

6 minutes ago, Digital_Doge5 said:

weres the Caravan download?

There is no freeware Caravan G1000 panel download.

Charlie Aron