Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

FSX to P3D

I currently own the base 747 for FSX SE. Can I install the new 747 in my PREPARED v4 Sim? Do I have to buy the base model again in the PREPARED Version to get this new model to work?

AFAIK you need the P3D-version for Prepared.  And yes, if you want the -8, you will need the base version (747-400) first...

• Upvote 1

You will have to buy the P3D base version as the FSX-SE and the P3D are totally different. There is no discount, etc, etc to it.

This question has been well covered long ago, had you looked up the previous posts on this

It hurts, but in my opinion it's worth it if you can spare the cash. It's hard not to get out-of-memory crashes under FSX, because if you're dropping money on PMDG stuff you've probably also dropped money on scenery, weather, and other stuff that eats up that 4g of ram. I finally switched over when I got tired of crashing to desktop just as I was getting to the STAR entry for my destination. Solving it by reverting the sim back to 2006 weather and visuals wasn't really my idea of a great solution. The switch was expensive, but worth it. I'm enjoying flights a lot more now that I'm not wondering if the sim will still be running by the time I'm supposed to land. 😉

Thank's for your replies. Yes I do have a small fortune on FSX SE addons, PMDG included. I also purrchased PREPARED v4, and am currently building that up as well. I will buy the PREPAREDv4 Version of the 747 Base and now the 8, but I can't see buying everything again with no discount.

5 hours ago, jetsmell said:

Thank's for your replies. Yes I do have a small fortune on FSX SE addons, PMDG included. I also purrchased PREPARED v4, and am currently building that up as well. I will buy the PREPAREDv4 Version of the 747 Base and now the 8, but I can't see buying everything again with no discount.

you  don't  need  to  buy  the  addons  u  have  already  since  if  you  got  any of the orbx  addons  its just a matter  of  re installing them again  from your  account,  and  with  some  other  addons  some  offer  a discount if  you had  already owned  the previous  version,  with  fsdt  product  no  cost  same  with  fstampa   airports  as well, uk2000 airports  free  as well  just have  to make  sure  they are  4.3  version as well

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg