Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

FS9 stops from time to time

Hey!

I have since not so long ago a new computer, some of the specs are as follows: 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz  3.00GHz  RAM 16.0 GB  64-bits  system x64-processor

It definitely is a good computer for flightsimming. Alltough; it stops working from time to time, and then shows one of following messagaes

- Your computer has run out of available memory....

It mostly happens when a flight takes some pause, and the image remains same during a certain time, I can see at such moments throuhj my task manager tyhat the used memory goes up without any changes in the flights image.

Can anybody explain me what the origine of this error could be?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Out of Memory (OOM) errors are fairly common in FSX but less so in FS9. They're usually caused by a Landclass BGL file in a scenery folder with a corresponding texture folder. It's a bug in FS9, if the textures the landclass file calls for are not in that texture folder it never frees the memory for it while it goes looking for it somewhere else. Eventually you OOM as it has allocated loads of memory for a texture file that doesn't exist and runs out of address space (not memory installed).

These landclass files are a nightmare to find, most have LC somewhere in the filename but many don't, I'm afraid it's trial and error to find it.

Of course, it could also be something else (corrupt texture?) but the above is most likely.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Will it improve frame rates also.

nebojsa

46 minutes ago, JAT said:

Will it improve frame rates also.

nebojsa

No. It'll just expand memory so OOM's under normal usage in FS9 should be virtually non existent.

Mark Daniels

Thank you.One more question.What are the minimum specs required for this to work.

nebojsa

PC speed doesn't matter. It replaces the fs9.exe and creates a backup of the original. If for any reason you don't want it, you can just restore your original FS9.exe and you are back to your original FS. It is an absolute must have. 

Mark Daniels