Sign in to follow this  
OSJJ1985

Logic placing parked aircraft

Hey there,

Finally exactly what I was looking for. A software that places static AI aircraft, which is a dream come true for one that flies online and feels it's an enormous immersion killer when lading in airports like Paris just to find 3 aircraft sitting there (and not a single Air France). I half expected it to park live traffic there, although I realized that makes no sense as it doesn't need any other software. So, obviously it parks aircraft according to the airport.txt file. That lead me to replace all the wildcards (___) with the airports main airlines, which might place some aircraft native to that airport wrongly, but still better than having planes there completely out of place (bad enough that vatsimmer do it 😆).

So let's cut to the chase. What is the logic in placing aircraft?? They way I understand it is, it will randomly pick an aircraft at a gate by the parameters set for that gate, but it seems like there is one particular aircraft beeing overused. In Paris e.g. I have a lot of gates with the paramets ...,AFR;A318,A319,A320,A321..... but the airport is filled with A318... with the occasional A320 or A321 being there (the ratio A318 to A319/A320/A321 is extreme). I rather have a nice mix of them. Is there some preference in the way PSX picks a parked aircraft? Can I work around it by e.g. setting AFR;B737,B738 and it will then randomly pick the similar A318 - A321 types? Or is the only way to add AFR;A320 to one gate AFR;A319 for another?

Thanks a lot

Cheers,

18 hours ago, OSJJ1985 said:

So let's cut to the chase. What is the logic in placing aircraft?? They way I understand it is, it will randomly pick an aircraft at a gate by the parameters set for that gate, but it seems like there is one particular aircraft beeing overused. In Paris e.g. I have a lot of gates with the paramets ...,AFR;A318,A319,A320,A321..... but the airport is filled with A318... with the occasional A320 or A321 being there (the ratio A318 to A319/A320/A321 is extreme). I rather have a nice mix of them. Is there some preference in the way PSX picks a parked aircraft? Can I work around it by e.g. setting AFR;B737,B738 and it will then randomly pick the similar A318 - A321 types? Or is the only way to add AFR;A320 to one gate AFR;A319 for another?

The algorithm works as follows:

Suppose we have this gate info: A1;T1,T2,T3;A2,A3;T1,T2,T3,T4

First it will randomly choose between:  A1;T1,T2,T3  and A2,A3;T1,T2,T3,T4

Suppose it has chosen A2,A3;T1,T2,T3,T4

Then it will first randomly choose an Airline and randomly a Type. 

Suppose it has chosen A3+T3

If there is no livery for that combination, it will try A3+T1, then A3+T2 and lastly A3+T4.

If there still is no match it will try A2+T4, then A2+T1, A2+T2 and lastly A2+T3.

If at the end there is still no match the gate remains empty, there is no default aircraft assignment like in the matching of live aircraft.

Summarized: the first guess is always random and with no luck it will try types (and airlines)  from left to right... (so no longer random).

Back to your specific example: AFR;A318,A319,A320,A321

The airline is fixed and It will  randomly choose a Type.

Suppose it has chosen AFR+A320.

If such a livery does not exist in your sim, it will then try AFR+A318, AFR+A319 and lastly AFR+A321.

So ONLY if you miss one of the A319, A320 or A321 liveries and you do have an A318, it would result in a some more gates with an A318. Otherwise the distribution should be equal, although with low numbers of random numbers there might still be some diferences.

>Can I work around it by e.g. setting AFR;B737,B738 and it will then randomly pick the similar A318 - A321 types?

No, it does not pick similar types in the parking algorithm (only for live aircraft).

Hope this makes things clear. If you still cannot understand what you see there might be a bug in the implementation of my algorithm, although I doubt that 😉

Nico

Edited by kiek

Ok that makes sense and I think I can see why PSX seems to favor some types over another. That's probably when going through the process of a missed match, as there seems to be a pattern when it misses. Other question..... Can I specify a set of types for a set of airlines and another set of types for another set of airlines for the same gate?? e.g. A1,A2,A3;T1,T2,T3,T4;A4,A5;T4,T5?? So airlines A1-A3 will only use types T1,T2 and T3 and airlines A4 and A5 will only use T4 and T5. This help a lot for gates that have a set of airlines just using narrows, while at the same gate another set of airlines just use heavies.

3 hours ago, OSJJ1985 said:

Other question..... Can I specify a set of types for a set of airlines and another set of types for another set of airlines for the same gate?? e.g. A1,A2,A3;T1,T2,T3,T4;A4,A5;T4,T5?? 

Yes you can. You can specify as many airline(-s) + type(-s) as you want. In your example you have specified 2, but there may be more.

For instance AAL only flies with the B77W to Hong Kong, so you should specify:

N26;22.314846;113.930672;160.0;AAL;B77W;CPA;A333,A359,B772,B773,B77W

forcing AAL only to show up with a B77W.

Hi,

Since version 11.9 the algorithm has changed. It is now fully random and exact matches first. If no match has been found it will try again with similar types. 

Generic liveries are no longer used for parked aircraft 

Nico

Edited by kiek