Sign in to follow this  
ritchbou

Installation Issue

HELLO PILOTS PLEASE PLEASE REFER ME SOMEWHERE BECAUSE I AM VERY UNSATISFY AFTER PAYING AND PAYING TO GET A NICE PLANE TO FLY WELL GUESS WHAT ???? I CANT INSTALL THE NEW 747-8 IT SAY THAT I NEED 747-400X ??? 

I HAVE THE 747 QUEEN OF THE SKY SO WHAT DO I NEED AGAIN LOLOL I AM TELLING YOU I DONT HAVE PATIENT ALSO WHEN ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO TALK TO ANYONE AT PMDG.

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO ????? IS THERE ANY SP1 OR SP2 OR SP3 THAT I MISSED ?

THANKS

RICHARD 

WHY ARE WE YELLING

You need to install the base -400, then the -8. It’s an expansion.

Alex Pugh

LOL What ? Yelling I just wrote without realizing that lockA was ON hahaha 

OK so sir I do have the 747 400 I do have it so whats wrong ? 😞 

4 minutes ago, ritchbou said:

LOL What ? Yelling I just wrote without realizing that lockA was ON hahaha 

OK so sir I do have the 747 400 I do have it so whats wrong ? 😞 

Did you uninstall it, then download the latest -400 base version from your PMDG account? Those steps are needed to install the -8.

Alex Pugh

Check to make sure you have the B747-400V3 Queen of the Skies II base package.

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Well the latest base is 747-400 V3 and its $99 I dont want to pay $99 again when I already paid 89$ to get QOTsky 

Where do I get the free base -400 then ? 

Thanks for ur time :)

Richard

1. You must first uninstall the -400

2. Go to your PMDG account and redownload the 747-400V3 QOTSII Base package and reinstall.

3. Go to the PMDG Operation Center and be sure there aren't any updates for the QOTSII base package.

4. Install the -8 Expansion.

(BTW: You will be expected to add your first and last name to your posts in the PMDG forums.  I'm not an admin, but thought I'd mention it.)

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

WHY ARE WE YELLING

2nd one here in as many weeks🤣

I'm Having an install issue.  A pop up window said I needed to download the latest update for v3. Per the pop up instruction, I went to the Operations Center to check, and sure enough there's a recent update. I clicked on the install button, and it seemed to update (Rather rapidly I will add...almost in a flash).  I then went to install the expansion pack and gave me the same message.  I reopened the operations center and the same update notification was still there.  Anyone else experience this.  Any suggestions.?

Thanks,

Tom

4 minutes ago, hornet65 said:

Any suggestions.?

The first one would be to not hijack posts. More of a courtesy thing than anything else. Support is your best bet, as this is user-to-user support, but if you want to post here, that's fine. Just create your own thread in the future (please do not do this now, since you have already posted here).

Sounds like you're a few weeks behind.

The instructions for the installation require that you fully uninstall the 400. Download the full installer from your account. Install it, then install the 8. Next, when the OC runs, allow it to update.

Kyle Rodgers

9 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

The first one would be to not hijack posts.

Thank you for the info;  and my apologies for "hijacking" a post. This certainly wasn't my intent; and any semblance of a lack of courtesy was completely unintentional as well.  Admittedly, I have difficulty following protocol with AVSIM.  At one moment  I've been scolded for starting a new thread when the topic was started by someone else.  And now I've been scolded for hijacking this post....where I thought I was following established protocol.  At any rate, you point is taken and I will happily start my own question with future questions/issues.  

With Best Regards,

Tom S.

1 minute ago, hornet65 said:

Admittedly, I have difficulty following protocol with AVSIM.  At one moment  I've been scolded for starting a new thread when the topic was started by someone else.  And now I've been scolded for hijacking this post....where I thought I was following established protocol. 

I can only speak for this (PMDG's) subforum, but be mindful that, when people report issues, despite similarities, there are usually very distinct issue "signatures." The original poster's issue might well end up being close to yours, but with the additional discussion here, it distracts from following his. As such, if you have an issue, it's best to keep it in its own thread, in a way similar to not overhearing a doctor discussing something with someone and not jumping into that discussion with "hey, I have a cough too!" I'm sure you'd want the same full attention from lack of distractions in your own interactions.

Try the download instructions I posted earlier. If you run into further issues, I'd suggest going directly to support, as there isn't much that other users can help with, related to a case such as this one.

Kyle Rodgers

17 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I can only speak for this (PMDG's) subforum, but be mindful that, when people report issues, despite similarities, there are usually very distinct issue "signatures." The original poster's issue might well end up being close to yours, but with the additional discussion here, it distracts from following his. As such, if you have an issue, it's best to keep it in its own thread, in a way similar to not overhearing a doctor discussing something with someone and not jumping into that discussion with "hey, I have a cough too!" I'm sure you'd want the same full attention from lack of distractions in your own interactions.

Try the download instructions I posted earlier. If you run into further issues, I'd suggest going directly to support, as there isn't much that other users can help with, related to a case such as this one.

Understood.  I will leave this post for the original requester.  For the record, I wouldn't mind if someone jumped into my thread if it added to the conversation and helped provide a constructive solution.  That said, I will respect that not everyone would feel the same way; and will behave accordingly.  I'm un-istalling 400 now and will re-install per your recommendation.  

Best Regards,

Tom S.