Sign in to follow this  
Iceman2

No clickable buttons when in VR

Hi All,

I’ve switched to flying in VR and always fly tub-liners with Fs2Crew, however whenever I bring up the menu bar none of the buttons are clickable. It’s like the mouse treats the bar as invisible.

The only other menu I pop up routinely is GSX which is clickable and works fine. Other 2D pop ups from the Aircraft like the FMCs etc. work fine also.

I have sometimes (once or twice) been able to click on the Fs2Crew menu bar but 99% of the time nothing is clickable and I need to exit VR mode to click a button. (like Briefings) I use only the button version.

Anyone know if this is a P3Dv4.3 thing or an Fs2Crew thing.

thanks 

IM

Ok that’s interesting and thanks for letting me know. I too googled but didn’t come up with that one. I’ll try it and report back.

I use chaseplane and have the starting view point at the cockpit door, then move forward to the pilot seat. I’ve just tried to moving the view forward but this didn’t fix the problem. I’ll do some experiments, it maybe the view point at SIM startup so I’ll play with some settings.

thanks Brian 

IM

It must be the eye point at SIM startup and it could be the actual eyepoint settings in the Aircraft CFG because chaseplane overrides these settings (I think)  If I move my eye point forward using chaseplane the Fs2Crew 2D panel moves forward as well.

I think you are right with this Brian because the Fs2Crew Panel starts up along way away but I can’t move closer as the panel moves with me.

IM

Edited by Iceman2

FYI,

Brian done a bit of testing and changing the aircraft eye point did not fix the problem.

However resizing the panel when in VR mode and bringing the Fs2Crew panel closer using the shift & ctl keys I can get the buttons to work.

Takes a bit of clicking to actually be able to get hold of the panel. 

Soo finally all good.

thx

Get the Pimax 5k, you’ll never go back.

When I fist flew a real Cessna 35 years ago I too felt a bit dizzy. You do get use to it I guess.

Anyway thanks for your help.

Edited by Iceman2