Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

Team Fs KBT and their F/A 18E Super Hornet

Guest banker

Good morning everybody,Over the last few days I have discovered the fun of military aircraft, their speed, carrier trappings... You get the picture.So, now I'm looking for all those great aircraft and I have found several in the library. One aircraft however still gives me trouble installing.I'm not a newbie in installing scenery or aircraft but for some misterious reason, I can't get it installed. I tried to contact the developers but their homepage is offline so I turn to this forum for help.I have three files (fa18e_sh.zip, 18e_fix2.zip and fa18ev22.zip)Installing the first two are straightforward but the instructions to install the last file are rather vague (or translated rather badly).Two questions:- Are those three files the files I need?- How do I install the third file? (Step by step and no abreviations please cause English is not my first language)And I want to make an appeal to all those great guys that develop addon's for FS.I know that you are spending an awfull lot of time to develop those beauties and I realise that once in a while some mistake or bug can't be avoided.Wouldn't it be simpler to retract the original file and replace it with a complete new and updated file. By doing so you create a simple and clear installation procedure (remove file one and replace by...)oh, only my two centsthanks for any assistanceLuc 'Glaudrung' BrusselmansBelgium

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello Luc,I have not installed or ever used this aircraft before, but since no one else has replied to you yet I will try and help.There is a file in the Avsim library that I think is just what you're looking for. Just by looking at the filesize I think it's the full aircraft and includes all the updates that have ever been done for it.The filename is: fa18shexe.zipOk, I just installed the plane and it looks like that file is a FULL installer.If I were you I don't think I'd worry too much about the 'Advanced Setup'. I have a feeling it's not required. It's possible I could be wrong about that but I don't think I am.If you don't have the Carrier Operations Package v2.0 by Rob Barendregt, Doug Dawson, Nick Needham... then you should get it to round out and complete the installation of this aircraft.The filename for it is: rcbco-20.zipHope that helps,OneTinSoldier"Variable this is EasyRhino, do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.

I think you are right. It seems like the "advanced setup" files are alternative model deesings, but don't seem to be needed. fa18shexe.zip contains an exe file fa18sh41.exe. Extracting and running this program using the defaults will install a new folder to Flight Simulator 9Aircraft called FA18E_SuperHornet and will contain complete aircraft including panel and sounds. The installer allows you to set a different install path. The aircraft is ready to fly, but you will see there are something like 65 different variations provided.Note that there is a completely separate aircraft available, the F/A-18F. Watch for that when you download repaints.scott s..

Guest banker

Thanks guys,I will try that other file.... and let you know how it went.It's a clear example of the point I was trying to make. Creating a a work of art isn't enough... The beauty is in the finishing touch by making installation as hasslefree as possible.Anyway,thanks for pointing me in the right direction.Luc 'Glaudrung' BrusselmansBelgium

Guest deKoven

>Hello Luc,>>I have not installed or ever used this aircraft before, but>since no one else has replied to you yet I will try and help.>>There is a file in the Avsim library that I think is just what>you're looking for. Just by looking at the filesize I think>it's the full aircraft and includes all the updates that have>ever been done for it.>>>The filename is: fa18shexe.zip>>>Ok, I just installed the plane and it looks like that file is>a FULL installer.>>If I were you I don't think I'd worry too much about the>'Advanced Setup'. I have a feeling it's not required. It's>possible I could be wrong about that but I don't think I am.>>Snip, snip!Much obliged to you, mein freund. I picked up the panel upgrade package but missed the installation file. Was sort of wondering where it was.:D

Guest OneTinSoldier

You're welcome guys. :)"Variable this is EasyRhino, do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.