Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

P3D 4.3

Try to load p3d4.3 and does not start. See the program start loading but the difference is that no picture of UTLive starts either EZDoc, then disappears from desktop.

Tryed several times but nothing. Haven’t touched or changed anything.

Please Help

George

You'll have to try to think of the last thing that you installed into the sim.

Something is not loading right.

First, restart your computer.

Once it starts, turn off both UTLive and EZdok and try to start the sim.

Then I would get a program like Lorby's scenery manager or Scenery Config Editor and turn off all of the addon scenery, then try to start the sim.

If it starts then turn on scenery one at a time.

If it still doesn't start you may have to look at your DLL.XML file and see it something screwed up some text in it.

It also could be something wrong in your "Modules" folder.

Bob

Tryed  desable UTLive and Ezdok but still nothing. Doe not start.  Please help me, explain me what and were to check. Never use to touch in the p3d config or any other files because if something wrong and need to reinstall it should take me months.

if I reinstall client or content you think it should help?

George

30 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Tryed  desable UTLive and Ezdok but still nothing. Doe not start.  Please help me, explain me what and were to check. Never use to touch in the p3d config or any other files because if something wrong and need to reinstall it should take me months.

if I reinstall client or content you think it should help?

George

Hi

Have a look at the following by Elaine, aka Poppet, right here on AVSIM:

Or video tutorials:

Hope this helps and kind regards

Hello George

You can certainly try Roberts suggestion of using the Lorby's scenery manager to diagnose a possibly Issue with your scenery Add Ons,  Its a very useful tool.  

-----

Try these small steps,  Let me know what works (If Any) and I will talk you through the rest. 

Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file and the Shaders folder.   These will generate again when Prepar3D is launched next.  

This will not effect any of your 3rd party software Add On's

You will just need to adjust your Graphic \ Scenery settings again to your preference via Prepar3D > Options when you delete the Prepar3D.cfg file   

A quick way of locating these is to Copy the 2 set's of Text below and Paste them into your windows search bar, One by One and click on the result,  this will bring you directly to the correct locations

Right click and Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Right click and Delete the Shaders folder 

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Then launch Prepar3D and test,  Does Prepar3D launch now ?  

-----

Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder 

Navigate to the location below and Click and Drag the "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder out of this location and pop it onto your Desktop.

PC ► Documents ► Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

After this step launch Prepar3D and test again.  Does Prepar3D launch ? 

Please see This Link for a video on this 

Note:  If this is not successful you can just delete the new generated folder and then then move back the original one 

-----

dll.xml files

Click and drag the dll.xml file out of the location below and onto your Desktop,  This will temporarily disconnect your Utility Add On's from Prepar3D

Copy the Text below and Paste it into your Windows search bar,  this will bring you directly to the correct location.

Then launch Prepar3D,  Does Prepar3D now launch successfully ? 

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Again,  Click and drag the dll.xml file out of the location below and onto your Desktop

Then launch Prepar3D,  Does Prepar3D now launch successfully ?

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • Upvote 1