Sign in to follow this  
Jwilder

Autopilot not working with multipanel

I'm having trouble getting the autopilot to work.  Even without using the multipanel, I can't seem to get it to actually follow the instructions I dial into it. 

It also doesn't seem to talk to my saitek multipanel at all, even though I have PMDG Support enabled in SPAD.neXt, and the thing works with virtually every other plane I have.

Sincerely,

Joshua Wilder

17 minutes ago, Jwilder said:

It also doesn't seem to talk to my saitek multipanel at all, even though I have PMDG Support enabled in SPAD.neXt, and the thing works with virtually every other plane I have.

Sounds like something to go to your hardware manufacturer with. I'm guessing it's working with other planes due to their relative lack of complexity - our AP is highly customized. Have you followed instructions posted by other users of SPAD to get it to work?

Kyle Rodgers

ok, I think I've figured out the SPAD profiles, it's just a matter of finding one that works.

I've tried a few profiles in spad, but none of them so far seem to work properly, is there something I'm missing?

There's got to be some step I'm missing in using the AP, since none of the profiles so far seem to be working, and I still can't even get it to reliably work even without the word not allowed multipanel.  Can someone please just walk me through using the AP?

Before you ask, SPAD.next's forum isn't helping at all, their mods can't even give me access to the help board even though I am a registered user.

Fly the two tutorials that come with the NGX without your hardware.  That will give you a good sense of how to use the automated flight system.

Dan Downs KCRP

Open the Operations Center, select the B737 NGX then documents.  You will have two links to the tutorial documents.  You can fly the tutorials without the saved scenario files, just follow the instructions.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Open the Operations Center, select the B737 NGX then documents.  You will have two links to the tutorial documents.  You can fly the tutorials without the saved scenario files, just follow the instructions.

ok, that's not what I was expecting.  I'm not really the most verbal learner.

Ok, I think I've got a handle on the autopilot controls in the sim, but I still can't get them to work with the multipanel.  Has anyone here been able to use it successfully?

10 hours ago, Jwilder said:

Ok, I think I've got a handle on the autopilot controls in the sim, but I still can't get them to work with the multipanel.  Has anyone here been able to use it successfully?

I‘ve just googled „spad multipanel pmdg 737“ and there are MANY youtube tutorials coming up as well as several forum discussions about tipps and tricks, LINDA modules and so on... maybe you should read and watch that. I haven‘t, so I can‘t tell you how it works.

but out of curiosity: I understand to use hardware for as many flight controls as possible... but why would you use an autopilot panel that doesn‘t even have the same MODES as a Boeing airplane on it? How would you use VNAV or SPD intervention? For example...