Sign in to follow this  
newtie

FFTF questions

Hi all-

I have a few questions regarding FFTF before I alter the cfg. Here goes.

I'm running Unlimited/Vsync. What is the defaulted P3D FFTF under this unlocked senario?

Now, not knowing what that is, if I entered an alternative FFTF under this unlocked senario, would it override the default?

Thanks,

Mark

Under any FPS case, FFTF defaults to 0.33.

The valid ranges are 0.10 to 0.99 - all other settings are ignored.

If you put any setting in the .cfg file, P3D will use that instead of the default

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

26 minutes ago, newtie said:

Hi all-

I'm running Unlimited/Vsync. What is the defaulted P3D FFTF under this unlocked senario?

Now, not knowing what that is, if I entered an alternative FFTF under this unlocked senario, would it override the default?

Thanks,

Mark

Have you tried using FFTF Dynamic from FSPS?. See here: https://www.fspsstore.com/fsps-products/fsps-fftf-dynamic-p3dv4.html

Look for yourself, all is explained at the website. I was a little bit skeptic before buying it, but after I decided to buy and try it, my P3D experience is a lot smoother. Definitely it works!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I'll take a look at this. 

I'm not a fan of installing services to manage services though.

But, you never know 😀

14 hours ago, edpatino said:

I was a little bit skeptic before buying it, but after I decided to buy and try it, my P3D experience is a lot smoother.

+1 - using in FSX:SE.

First and only time I’ve ever bought one of these “managing apps” but it has given me a smoother sim.

Best regards

Rupert

I'm going to buy this later on today.

I'll report back.

49 minutes ago, newtie said:

I'm going to buy this later on today.

I'll report back.

One thing you should test in your own system after the installation an running of FFTF Dynamic, is that if it's better to keep your FPS locked or set to Unlimited. On my system, having the FPS locked (27 in my case) worked out better than having unlimited frames.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Got it installed last night and I run unlimited as well.

Doesn't work with that configuration. Click-click-click as it apparently updates the sim. I'm using the AGL setting. Not good.

I'll try locked sometime later today.

19 hours ago, edpatino said:

One thing you should test in your own system after the installation an running of FFTF Dynamic, is that if it's better to keep your FPS locked or set to Unlimited. On my system, having the FPS locked (27 in my case) worked out better than having unlimited Frames.

Heretical question: do you really see a difference between using the FFTF Dynamic Tool and not using the tool after you limited your FPS to 27? According to your signature, your rig should be able to maintain those 27 FPS in almost every situation no matter what FFTF value you use. At least in my case, since I upgraded my hardware and locked the FPS to 30, I was able to stop playing around with FFTF, as the higher FPS with lower FFTF was anyway capped to 30 and on heavy airports I still have 20+ FPS with the default FFTF value. No need for a tool that provides me 2-3FPS extra in heavy situations...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

AnkH-

Your reply goes to my point up the thread about adding systems to manage systems and the overhead that uses. I'm going to try locked later when I'm at my machine to see what's up with that setting. Sure doesn't work with unlimited on my machine.

I only just googled the FFTF. Is this something that everyone is using that I'm missing out on? It's 20 euro, is it really this much worth it?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On 10/2/2018 at 3:46 AM, newtie said:

Hi all-

Thanks,

Mark

I have the same combo and it using the FFTF Dynamic software with great experience. I am using the AGL model and FFTF value at 0.40 above 5000 feet.

Unlimited FPS in P3D is 0.01 FFTF i think be default.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Heretical question: do you really see a difference between using the FFTF Dynamic Tool and not using the tool after you limited your FPS to 27? According to your signature, your rig should be able to maintain those 27 FPS in almost every situation no matter what FFTF value you use. At least in my case, since I upgraded my hardware and locked the FPS to 30, I was able to stop playing around with FFTF, as the higher FPS with lower FFTF was anyway capped to 30 and on heavy airports I still have 20+ FPS with the default FFTF value. No need for a tool that provides me 2-3FPS extra in heavy situations...

You have a powerful rig, clocked at 5 GHz, wow!.

In my case, the use of FFTF Dynamic has provided a smoother experience, no matter to which value I locked my FPS (27 or 30). I have experimented a lot with the FFTF settings and with locked and unlocked FPS, believe me, and got to a point I can say I'm very satisfied with my current settings and stutters reduced to a minimum on my system.

In fact, I've always been looking for constant and steady FPS values, no matter which are the values, even with FPS as low as 20, to reduce stuttering and short pauses.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Unlimited FPS in P3D is 0.01 FFTF i think be default

P3D default is 0.33 at any fps setting. 

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

10 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

P3D default is 0.33 at any fps setting. 

Vic

Thanks Vic , that a new one right ? (Unlimited vs Limited FPS)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png