Sign in to follow this  
Supertaquito

Sudden CTDs with simple actions.

Hey there,

Today I was flying a simple route on the 737 from KSAN to KLAX, but I've been getting CTDs all over the place after installing ORBX KSAN, for some reason. After uninstalling the CTDs would not stop so I am a bit confused.

Reason that have caused a CTD so far:

-CTD when loading short panel. (Fixed by changing gate in flightplan)
-CTD when trying to execute RTE changes. (Happened just once)
-CTD when trying to enable VNAV and LNAV shortly after taking off. VNAV and LNAV turned off when I engaged TO/GA.

Should I reinstall the 737? This is some odd behavior from installing scenery.

Thanks!

Erick A.

Quick update. I went ahead and reinstalled the 737. I was able to get further with the flight, but this time I got a CTD without doing anything, just the plane following it's programmed curse. I just knowledged an ATC command and I crashed again.

This is only happening with the 737, not happening with default flights or other aircraft.

Thanks again.

7 hours ago, Supertaquito said:

Should I reinstall the 737? This is some odd behavior from installing scenery.

Right, but we haven't changed the NGX code in literal years. If the behavior of the sim changes ("suddenly" starts crashing), then the cause will be found in a related change.

It's like back in school when you took water, put a flame under it, and noticed that it changed from liquid to gas...except in this case, you're blaming the glass beaker, instead of the actual (cause of) the variable: the flame (causing a temp change).

Kyle Rodgers

Eric, what Sim are you using. FSX-P3D?  Have you checked out the AVSIM CTD guide?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 hours ago, charliearon said:

Eric, what Sim are you using. FSX-P3D?  Have you checked out the AVSIM CTD guide?

Hi! Thank you very much for that. I completely forgot to mention the most important piece of info about the sim (P3D). I will have a read at it. 

Thanks again, 

ORBX KSAN, having FTX South California installed too and not beeing updated to v2, crashes if the option to merge those too sceneries is not enabled in the configurator inside of FTX Central. This happened to me when I set in KSAN that I have FTX South Cal but then in the South Cal configurator found an option about the San Diego harbour area not being ticked and reset it.. But actually the merge had deactivated this harbour option so I bit myself and had exactly those crashes like you.

Edited by Ephedrin