Sign in to follow this  
Oskar Speer

Operational Flight deck

Hi! I have some proposal regarding future update for the PMDG B747-8. It would be very good if the Dev-Team could made it possible to use some of the controls in VC and that the resolution was a little bit higher. For now It is very hard for me to read the info in ND and PFD. Maybe it is also possible to make some of the dynamic light and CDU in Flight deck operational.

operational.phF0U53Ub1PrPMPaKDI0HKXJc4iz7x3Zb4uNf4fb

Edited by Oskar Speer

Your screenshot isn't showing so it isn't clear what zoom factor you use. I don't have any problem with reading the PFD and ND, but I use a zoom of between 0.9x-1.0x for flying as it's a realistic perspective. If you use a wide angle zoom factor then the best answer is to use the 2D popups of the display units to improve readability.

The apparent resolution of these displays is limited by your monitor's resolution. PMDG might generate the display unit graphics in HD resolution, but their resolution on screen is limited by your monitor's pixel size. The PFD and ND are only a fraction of your screen area in most circumstances so the effective resolution of these displays is much reduced compared to how they would appear if they were displayed full screen.

What control units are PMDG not simulating? As far as I'm concerned everything I need to use is operational.

Edited by kevinh

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sorry! it was mening as joke. Forgive for my bad taste of humor. Look at it as a relaxing break from all serious topics in here and all "issue". I promise to not open up a topic like this one again. I´m completely satisfied with PMDG B747-8! The added picture shows my Flight Deck and how it really looks like in my PC. I find the resolution higher in B747-8 than in B747-400. Maybe it is in my imagination.

mNwiM9qX8QCz3MpkN1V2yyxxte4bjzGlbFSJk5iF

Hi Oskar,

Maybe if your images showed up properly in the forum I'd have got your joke.

ki9cAAb.jpg