Sign in to follow this  
johnor999

FCOM in NG3

Hello,

The FCOM provided with NGX is getting increasingly out of date.

Stall and overspeed warnings are checked nowadays (I've seen newer FCOMs and all of them feature this) This used to be done before they completely remade the procedures 2005 but was removed and later was added again.

The WLAN switch is not documented in the FCOM. Yes, it might be a dummy switch but still, for the sake of simulation it would be nice if this would be covered somewhere.

A new supplementary procedure has been added for checking the fuel shutoff valves.

There's more I think but I can't remember it right now.

Will NG3 feature a new FCOM? I realise this is completely up to Boeing but if possible, I think a new FCOM is warranted.

Best regards

Johan Nordqvist

Edited by johnor999

On 10/2/2018 at 3:01 AM, johnor999 said:

A new supplementary procedure has been added for checking the fuel shutoff valves.

Are you talking about checking the spar valve on engine start?

Matt Cee

Probably talking about crossfeed valve. Now required to check preflight and last hour etc etc for etops

Brian Nellis

On 10/4/2018 at 6:50 PM, Spin737 said:

Are you talking about checking the spar valve on engine start?

Correct, the spar valves. But this is just one example.

My point is simply that the included FCOM is old and things are missing. By the time NG3 is available it will be close to 10 years old.

Johan, 

this is not related to PMDG, but a little hint if you want a more or less up-to-date FCOM and FCTM: Google finds everything 😄 😇

Edited by Ephedrin