Sign in to follow this  
JohnHow

PMDG Operations Center Does not Download Updates

My OC shows that I have 3 notifications. When I click on Notifications - It states "A new version is available for the PMDG .... Do you wish to download it" .   I then go to the drop down menu - "Install Update" - I then click on OK.  A black "DOS" window appears briefly and the download does not start.  Any advice would be appreciated.

John 

Check your AV is not interfering or is off temporarily.

1 hour ago, JohnHow said:

My OC shows that I have 3 notifications. When I click on Notifications - It states "A new version is available for the PMDG .... Do you wish to download it" .   I then go to the drop down menu - "Install Update" - I then click on OK.  A black "DOS" window appears briefly and the download does not start.  Any advice would be appreciated.

John 

+1

Been trying to uninstall or install a pmdg plane or update for a couple of weeks but nothing works.

denis b

2 hours ago, JohnHow said:

Any advice would be appreciated.

What product? What version of the product do you have currently installed? (You can find the latter by selecting the product in the drop down, and then Version.)

18 minutes ago, bursco said:

Been trying to uninstall or install a pmdg plane or update for a couple of weeks but nothing works.

Uninstall/reinstall isn't a function of the OC. That function is in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

What product? What version of the product do you have currently installed? (You can find the latter by selecting the product in the drop down, and then Version.)

Uninstall/reinstall isn't a function of the OC. That function is in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

Add/remove does not uninstall any pmdg plane any more - I think there is something wrong with my win10 - cannot update win10 now.

Any other exe file works but not a pmdg exe file - very strange.

The thing is all the pmdg (737,777,747) planes work in p3d 4 - but cannot update or uninstall if necessary.

This appears to be - in my humble opinion - since an update in win10, so I may have to bite the bullet and reinstall win10 and everything else.

do I go back to win7 - decisions,decisions .

why do Microsoft mess us up.

thanks for reply Kyle

all the best

Denis Brown

Edited by bursco

11 minutes ago, bursco said:

Add/remove does not uninstall any pmdg plane any more - I think there is something wrong with my win10 - cannot update win10 now.

I wouldn't blame it on Windows unless millions of others were having this problem.

I think you best path forward leads to PMDG Product Support, submit a trouble ticket and let they help you clean up your problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have solved my problem - the version that I had installed for each PMDG aircraft was too out of date to enable the OC to effect an update.  I downloaded and installed the base package for each aircraft from PMDG and then the OC worked correctly.:biggrin: 

13 hours ago, JohnHow said:

I have solved my problem - the version that I had installed for each PMDG aircraft was too out of date to enable the OC to effect an update.  I downloaded and installed the base package for each aircraft from PMDG and then the OC worked correctly.:biggrin: 

I've encountered this and it would help us all immensely if the OC made it obvious that one needs to do a full install for a particular update if one's version is too old?

• Upvote 1

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

1 hour ago, BillC said:

I've encountered this and it would help us all immensely if the OC made it obvious that one needs to do a full install for a particular update if one's version is too old?

the  oc  should  tell  you if  you need  to  do  a  uninstall  or  just  a simple  update

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

6 hours ago, BillC said:

OCv2 will make it abundantly clear.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

My PMDG Operations Center Updater does not work, and has not worked in over 2 years.  I turn off Norton, and use Administrator, but the Operations Center updater simply pops up for a few seconds and then disappears.  I gave up.  I would like to update my liveries because the ones I have are outdated. When I purchased the PMDG products back then, they had the liveries listed to choose from.

Edited by Cfoley

Cray Foley

6 hours ago, Cfoley said:

My PMDG Operations Center Updater does not work, and has not worked in over 2 years.  I turn off Norton, and use Administrator, but the Operations Center updater simply pops up for a few seconds and then disappears.  I gave up.  I would like to update my liveries because the ones I have are outdated. When I purchased the PMDG products back then, they had the liveries listed to choose from.

if  it  hasn't  worked  for  2  years  why  havnt  you  raised  a  support  ticket 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hello,

have exactly the same problem by the end of 2019. I tried all possibilities (firewall out, run OC as admin, having newest OC etc.). Support from PMDG was also quite good in the beginning, but after the 3rd or 4th mail changes, when the possibilities to solve the problem became less and less, my ticket was deleted without further notice. On my request for an alternative download link, and my statement that such problem solutions are not the task of the buyer, this was not answered either, and deleted again. Quite honestly, this is completely unacceptable behavior. With PMDG I am ready for all times!

Greetings

Ingo