Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

need help to clarify the recirculation fans logic on the 748

I am loving this bird a lot! Can't wait for the rainmaker to be implemented on the other aircraft as well as the EFB.

One thing I haven't been able to figure out is the recirculation fans on the 748F. They are off in this picture, but looking at the overhead I do not see any switches that can turn them on. Am I missing something? What is the logic behind this in case there is no switch for recirculation fans?

2018_10_2_10_9_9_523.jpg

2018_10_2_10_33_45_946.jpg

any information or help is appreciated!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

On the  fcom   page  of  the  748  page  on 885  it  says   it  suppose  to be  on the  ecs  panel  it  shows  the  upper-recirc-lwr    switches  but  in the  sim they  are  not  there,  but  only  the  fan  switch  as  you have posted

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Only passenger aircraft have recirculation fan switches. In the freighters there are no switches and the recirculation fans are set automatically.

The FCOM pages 883-890 describe the passenger aircraft Air Conditioning system (model ident 806) and pages 891-900 the freighters Air Conditioning system (model ident 914). 

• Like 1

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

4 hours ago, mfrantz said:

Only passenger aircraft have recirculation fan switches. In the freighters there are no switches and the recirculation fans are set automatically.

The FCOM pages 883-890 describe the passenger aircraft Air Conditioning system (model ident 806) and pages 891-900 the freighters Air Conditioning system (model ident 914). 

Interesting, so the fact that they still feature on the ECS page is simply down to this nuance not being changed in the EICAS in the cargo version?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

20 minutes ago, windshearDK said:

Interesting, so the fact that they still feature on the ECS page is simply down to this nuance not being changed in the EICAS in the cargo version?

I thought it was done purposefully to elicit questions from beta testers and astute users such as you.  At one point it was even more curious in that the 1 2 3 would sometimes disappear and that attracted me down this rabbit hole.  The labels are fixed and all is as it should be with regard to fans.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

37 minutes ago, windshearDK said:

As I said before:

In the freighters there are no switches and the recirculation fans are set automatically.

There are no switches but the are fans, which are set automatically and their status is shown on the ECS page.

• Like 1

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg