Posted (edited)

There is a new 3.5 version available from the Fastspring website.  

The release contains an improvement for handling reflections in legacy "portover" aircraft.   This can help for example with aircraft which had largely opaque windows in DX10. There is a option in the Legacy Dialog to enable this new feature

Aircraft that I know benefit from this are

• Rick Piper's Chipmunk - the dirty marks incorrectly shown on glass in the VC view are removed
  • Rick Piper's Foxbat -   overly strong reflections which obscure view out of VC windows are now faint as in DX9.
  • Flight Replicas Me109 - glass is no longer near opaque
  • Milton Shupe's Dash 7 - Propeller boss is now black as intended and not chrome.
  • JustFlight/CLS A330 & 340  - windows no longer opaque
  • Calclassic Connie collection - windows no longer opaque 

As with any legacy "fix"  there is always a  possibility that this could negatively impact other aircraft and sceneries - for instance the first attempt at this fix blanked out the displays in the Real Air Lancair Legacy (note that this has been addressed).

I have tried to send this update to the Flight Sim Store but so far I have had no reply - I am aware that other vendors have reported communication issues of late.  Its worth noting that if you have purchased/or purchase the Cloud Shadows Addon then the latest version (1.10) will patch your fixer to version 3.5 granting access to the new feature.

Edited by SteveFx
Update
  • Like 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!