Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Problem with Yoke button

How can I program a Yoke button to perform certain tasks,such as engage the autopilot,switch on lights and many more.

What I did was going to Option / Settings / Controls / FlightYoke / ButtonKeys / Autopilot / Asign a button ( in my case F9 )

then press OK.

To my surprise nothing happens when I press the Yoke button and I wonder what went wrong ? 

I appreciate your help.

Thank you

Paul 12

Herbert Werni

PMDG products are advanced and complexe addons that are way beyond the possibilities given by the simulator. I‘m not sure about a that old version but I think you can set up key presses in the menu bar, addon/modules, pmdg... somewhere wherw you can set up the options for your PMDG addons. Now if you have a registered version of FSUIPC3 (I think) you then can assign those keys to controller buttons. But that‘s really been a long time since then and I really can‘t remember if FSUIPC had that option avaiable at that time. But I think so, as it‘s its purpose..

Edited by Ephedrin

Are you saying that PMDG products can't use yoke buttons and keyboard commands set through the simulator?  I've been doing that for years without FSUIPC.

• Like 1

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

53 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

Are you saying that PMDG products can't use yoke buttons and keyboard commands set through the simulator?  I've been doing that for years without FSUIPC.

Many of the simulator control assignments will work but a few are best set using the PMDG Options > Simulation > Keycommand menu.  My A/P A connect and disconnect are both assigned this way, as well speedbrake and APP arm.  Create the key command in PMDG then use FSUIPC to map the button or switch to that key command.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, Bob_Z said:

No,I am not saying that.As a matter of fact I would prefer to achieve it without FSUIPC.

But again,how ?

May be you can give me a hint .

Thnks

Herbert Werni

18 hours ago, Paul12 said:

in my case F9 )

Oh man, forget what I‘ve written... I read FS9... Sry about that

I don‘t think that you can assign controller buttons to the airplane directly using the options in the CDU but you could try which of the default assignments work with the airplane and then assign buttons to them.. the advanced functions of course can‘t be accessed via the sim settings

Dan.  Yes, all that works, but I was trying to give the OP the simplest route.  Many people, me included for the most part, don't like FSUIPC.  I use mouse for AP. Yoke controls fo rspeedbrake and AP disconnect. 

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The way I set it up: Option / Settings / Controls / ButtonKeys/Evenets = APU

AutopilotMaster ( on/off )  I assign a YorkButton.

Result: Does not switch the A/P on,however if A/P is on ( Light green ) then activating the Yoke key disconnects  the A/P

It should be the reverse !! 

What is the problem ???

Thanks again

Herbert Werni

1 hour ago, Paul12 said:

It should be the reverse !! 

Herbert,

I have a PFC yoke and I have Button 1 set up for the autopilot.  

In the CONTROLS section of P3D/FSX it is setup as follows:

Autopilot Master (on/off) -  Button 1 - On Release (Checked).

This works the same as the "Z" key.  I use this in FSX and P3D.

Hope this helps,

Grace and Peace,

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam