Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

PMDG Operational Center and the recent 747 Update

Good evening,

I was away from my PC for the most of the last week and once I came back I decided to install the latest 747 update (i don't own 748 yet). PMDG OC still shown 09/27 "Wide Beta Update" as a latest update and moreover, the OC cannot install it - it just skips it and do nothing. Hence, every time I run the OC it notifies me about the update I cannot install. What would be my next action in this situation?

Thanks

Dmitriy Torpov

Have you downloaded the latest version from your account? If so you should be able to install it.

This particular update requires a full re-install with the latest installer, so that's why the Operations Center didn't touch it. Even without the 747-8, changes were made to the 747-400 that necessitated this.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Thanks

Does it mean that liveries should be re-installed as well? Truly sad 😞

Two ways to do this. Either back up the aircraft.cfg and manually paste the entries in (the textures themselves won't get deleted) after you update, or just run the Operations Center after you install the update and it'll prompt you to repair it.

• Like 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

26 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Two ways to do this. Either back up the aircraft.cfg and manually paste the entries in (the textures themselves won't get deleted) after you update, or just run the Operations Center after you install the update and it'll prompt you to repair it.

Thank you, Kevin

Final question - should I reinstall 747/747F first OR I may run the newest installer on a top of the old install?

Thanks again

24 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Final question - should I reinstall 747/747F first OR I may run the newest installer on a top of the old install?

You'll want to uninstall the aircraft first, then run the latest installer.

• Like 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg