Sign in to follow this  
HawkAir

PMDG BAeJ4100

I just tried to install this aircraft in P3DV4 and it says cannot find the FSX.exe which I have in P3DV4   How do I install this in the V4 sim

Thanks

It's not compatible.

Apparently there is a new version in production for V4.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

3 minutes ago, HawkAir said:

I just tried to install this aircraft in P3DV4 and it says cannot find the FSX.exe which I have in P3DV4   How do I install this in the V4 sim

Thanks

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

The JS41 is only available for FSX retails edition. It will not work in FSX SE or P3D

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

The JS41 is only available for FSX retails edition. It will not work in FSX SE or P3D

Hello Chris - are you able to shed some light as to whether plans to make it compatible with P3D v4 still in the works? 

Mario Di Lauro

3 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Hello Chris - are you able to shed some light as to whether plans to make it compatible with P3D v4 still in the works? 

I was wondering this the other day. Last thing I heard they were waiting for 4.1 to release, which was last fall. 

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

Believe it was put on hold as all resources were pulled into the 748 and Global Ops (can't find the post at the moment).

Hopefully will be restarted soon considering it was in Beta and we were getting screenshots...

• Like 1

"PMDG Close.. real close!" - 1 year ago... haah

• Upvote 1

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

It was close, until it wasn't.  PMDG has said they were willing to try to revise the FSX JS4100 for P3D only if it required minimal resources.  I presume just based on that that their market analysis didn't expect major sales of this product so they had to keep their development costs down.

We beta tested a number of builds but the testing had gone weeks longer than planned and there are still problems with stuff like getting the default dual shaft turbo engine (basically a PT-6) to behave like a single shaft gear driven Garrett. In my opinion what happened is that the window opened to try to get it done and it couldn't get done within that time window.  As far as I'm aware there is still a development effort planned but it might be unscheduled waiting for a window of opportunity to open up.

At least that is my hope.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Dan Downs KCRP

Good to know... Thanks for the update on this Dan!

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

Yep, thanks... 

I guess there is no reason to actually wait for it right now... it‘s a pity though that a beta tester has to tell us that clearly if something that was expected to land on our desks very soon is about to be released at all any time soon. Time to spend the money on Brussels and Salzburg 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Upvote 3