Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

UTLive, GSX or P3D traffic problems ?

Is the traffic in UTLive denser than it was in Ultimate Traffic 2? I used a customised version of the latter, but I don't remember suffering from a problem like this @ 100% airliner traffic settings.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, Nyxx said:

UTLive set to 100% it ends there. 

Try 30%

I've even tried it at 10% and that didn't work. 

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

At 10% UTL traffic, what was it that didn't work?

GSX on its own will show you ALL parking even if it is occupied or too big or small for your aircraft. Is it GSX that isn't giving you options to park or is it the default ATC? Are the spots that you say are occupied, done so by UK2000 static aircraft or from UTL?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

At 10% UTL traffic, what was it that didn't work?

GSX on its own will show you ALL parking even if it is occupied or too big or small for your aircraft. Is it GSX that isn't giving you options to park or is it the default ATC? Are the spots that you say are occupied, done so by UK2000 static aircraft or from UTL?

At 10% of the UTL traffic, it still didn't want me to have a gate. In the list it said "Available soon", and they always say that when they're occupied.

With regard to your second question; the default ATC didn't give me an option to park two or three times, however, GSX generally doesn't. Even if a match the parking spaces up (ATC gives me parking space 5, and I look at parking bay 5 in GSX), it normally tells me that it's a cargo ramp!

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

13 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I notice from the screenshot that you are using the EGKK_AFX_UK2xGEN.bgl file. That is the Static Aircraft option, which means that quite a few gates that would otherwise would be available are not because they are occupied by static aircraft models. If you are using an AI package like UTLive, I would strongly recommend using the EGKK_AFX_UK2xTRM.bgl file (which is the Airline Codes option). This opens up ALL of the gates to AI (and user) aircraft. Just run the OPTIONS utility in the UK2000 Scenery/UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme folder, and make the appropriate selection.

This may have fixed the problem..! I'll keep giving it a go...

Thanks for the change. I have to admit, it's quite complicated.

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Actually it is not that complicated. If you arrive on a specific airport, only the following three things can prevent you from parking:

- all gates are occupied by AI or static aircraft -> no parking

- some gates are empty, the aircraft.cfg of your current plane specifies a code not matching the empty gates -> no parking

- some gates are empty, the aircraft.cfg of your current plane specifies a code that would match the empty gates (or no code at all), but the aircraft radius does not match -> no parking

That's basically it. GSX does not recognize if a gate is occupied by AI or not, but in the newest version it is capable of checking your airline code in your current aircraft.cfg and it will offer you only a parking, where codes match. But you do not have to use this option, it can be skipped by "show all available gates" directly inside the GSX pop up window.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I think I have made some progress with this. I don't seem to land with nowhere to go, although it's a shame that some of the gates are for cargo! 

I'm going to stop trying to fix the problem now. 

One quick question left - is it possible in GSX to tell p3d that it has occupied a gate with one of its AI planes? While taxiing, I can travel through an AI plane, can I stop that so that atc gives one of us priority? 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Now you start again mixing things... No, there is no way that GSX knows which gates are occupied by AI, this connection simply does not exist. There are means to keep your gate of choice AI traffic free, WAMA as an example.

The other thing: yes, if you use the normal ATC or any other ATC Software that is aware of your AI, it should give you a taxi route that does not end up of you crashing into an AI plane and if you need to cross the path, it will either tell you to hold position or tell the AI to hold position. However, if your AI program does not result in telling the sim where the AI is, this will not work (I do not know if such AI programs exist).

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Now you start again mixing things... No, there is no way that GSX knows which gates are occupied by AI, this connection simply does not exist.

Of course it does. GSX always knew if a gate is taken by an AI, because it asks the sim about it.

There's ONLY one difference:

- If UT Live or another product that controls AI directly is used, GSX will only show the gate as "occupied" or not, since these products don't work on a standard schedule, so they don't report the time of departure to the sim.

- If the standard Traffic.bgl file is used (regardless if the AI are default or not), GSX will also show how much time left before the gate will be free again, since it obtained the ETD from the simulator.

• Like 1

Sorry for the misinformation then, I was not aware that GSX is capable of and honestly, it led me several times to an occupied gate (that's Why I was sure GSX is not aware about it). But, if I rethink this situation: it might be that the gate was occupied by one of those nasty spawning aircraft by UT2 after I selected the gate in the GSX menue, I guess this can not be avoided.

Greetings, Chris