Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Windows 10 October update. Ver. 1809

All running perfectly! & seems to be a little smoother as well!

I obviously prefer my PC having the latest, as I'm sure, being a relatively new PC, the hardware is optimised for the latest operating system.

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Hi, I report flashes on the screen when I press the mouse wheel in high fps situations. either with Ezca or Chaseplane, with the maddogX or 787 qualityWing planes. Also when I open a minimized screen on the screen of p3d v4.3

2 hours ago, hanfrysport said:

Hi, I report flashes on the screen when I press the mouse wheel in high fps situations. either with Ezca or Chaseplane, with the maddogX or 787 qualityWing planes. Also when I open a minimized screen on the screen of p3d v4.3

you are right, i have the same problem if i use vsync in p3d 

Frédéric Giraud

I did some quick frame logging with my standard test route and compared to my base (prior to 1809) and it looks like I gained between 5-7% FPS (primarily due to fewer long frames).  Only tested on my 7900X TitanXP (5%) and 8700K 1080Ti (7%), did not test on my 7700K nor my 6900K.  But certainly looks like an increase in CPU performance overall ... I wondering if this is related to performance tuning relative to Spectre and Meltdown?  I can't find any information on it?

Anyone else have standard 3DBench mark scores and/or CinBench scores before and after 1809 update?  I'm seeing folks with AMD CPUs reporting performance improvements, haven't seen any Intel reports yet (other than what I've done)?  As always there are some issues being report with specific CPUs and chipset and Intel drivers (some laptops).

NOTE: I'm using the latest nVidia drivers 416.16.  Used DDU to remove older drivers and manually downloaded and installed 416.16 drivers.

One of the few times I've actually noticed something "better" coming out of Redmond in terms of OS.

Cheers, Rob.

2 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

tienes razón, tengo el mismo problema si uso vsync en p3d 

hi, the only option that seems to work in my case so that the screen does not blink so much is to limit the fps by under 60

On 10/5/2018 at 5:45 PM, hanfrysport said:

hi, the only option that seems to work in my case so that the screen does not blink so much is to limit the fps by under 60

For me too...

Frédéric Giraud

Microshaft has suspended 1809 updates after users started reporting it deleted their data.  Win 10 strikes again.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2018/10/06/microsoft-windows-10-update-lost-data-upgrade-windows-7-windows-xp-free-upgrade/#373f24566fa4

I'm so tired of this word absolutely positively not allowed under any circumstances.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

All running perfectly! & seems to be a little smoother as well!

I obviously prefer my PC having the latest, as I'm sure, being a relatively new PC, the hardware is optimised for the latest operating system.

I'm one of the luck ones, I suppose, as everything is running peachy, no loss or issues at all. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Yes apparently it`s something to do with the onedrive optimization that's linked to your user profile, and some users have had there user data deleted, Microsoft are working on fix as the update is required for the new Nvidia GPUs. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

13 hours ago, w6kd said:

Microshaft has suspended 1809 updates after users started reporting it deleted their data.  Win 10 strikes again.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2018/10/06/microsoft-windows-10-update-lost-data-upgrade-windows-7-windows-xp-free-upgrade/#373f24566fa4

I'm so tired of this word absolutely positively not allowed under any circumstances.

And that's exactly why every Network Administration Department in the civilian and military sector has BACKUPS of their ENTIRE computer systems.  Because most END USERS themselves won't take the time or acquire the knowledge to do them for their own computer(s).  I know. I did IT for over 40 years.  The only thing that saved many of my "customers" was the backups of their client computers (the computers on their own desks) I had made as their Network Administrator.

Quit getting mad at the software providers.  Computers are not...and never will be...perfect, error free systems.  Given enough time and opportunity, things WILL go wrong.  If an individual home computer user is too darn lazy to make their own backups of their computers to begin with, they should throw the computer out the window and go back to using typewriters and playing Pong on their black-and-white TV's.

Their isn't a commercial user of Windows 10 using Network Administration oversight that would have been permanently affected by the October Update.  They ALL would have had backups that would allow them to recover any and ALL deleted user's documents content.

Edited by FalconAF
  • Upvote 1

Rick Ryan

2 hours ago, FalconAF said:

And that's exactly why every Network Administration Department in the civilian and military sector has BACKUPS of their ENTIRE computer systems.  Because most END USERS themselves won't take the time or acquire the knowledge to do them for their own computer(s).  I know. I did IT for over 40 years.  The only thing that saved many of my "customers" was the backups of their client computers (the computers on their own desks) I had made as their Network Administrator.

Quit getting mad at the software providers.  Computers are not...and never will be...perfect, error free systems.  Given enough time and opportunity, things WILL go wrong.  If an individual home computer user is too darn lazy to make their own backups of their computers to begin with, they should throw the computer out the window and go back to using typewriters and playing Pong on their black-and-white TV's.

Their isn't a commercial user of Windows 10 using Network Administration oversight that would have been permanently affected by the October Update.  They ALL would have had backups that would allow them to recover any and ALL deleted user's documents content.

My Win 10 system has been taken from a perfectly functional state to broken multiple times now by the undesired injection of buggy Micro$haft update code.  There's a difference between things going wrong and someone reaching into your system and making them go wrong.  So no, I won't quit being angry at having that imposed upon me over and over again...it's bull word not allowed outside of a cowpen.

And, in this instance, the last cumulative update prior to 1809 caused my backup software to start throwing failed RPC calls, driving a half-day long exercise in hair pulling to get that working again.

And then, after recovering from a previous backup, Windows 10 will go right back out and try to install the problem updates again.

I am angry that Microshaft still continues to ignore their users and still repeatedly forces updates that break perfectly functional systems.  I'm not lazy and I'm not permanently affected...I do backups religiously...but I am sick and tired of spending hour upon hour recovering from problems imposed on me by buggy forced updates that I don't want or need.

This isn't about laziness...it's about the fact that an end user shouldn't NEED to have the knowledge of a frappin' professional network administrator to keep their OS provider from arbitrarily and repeatedly reaching in from afar and borking his/her PC.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 hours ago, FalconAF said:

Quit getting mad at the software providers.

Seriously?  This should have NEVER happened, especially from an update which the average user cannot easily turn off.  Also, MS was warned well in advance of this showstopping bug.

Nadella is a clown.  This is the exact result expected when you fire your internal QA team and rely on Joe Public to beta test your products.

Looks like Microsoft has halted the 1809 rollout ... if you use their OneDrive service you could lose data.

Fortunately I’ve never used that service and my 1809 updates went very well and overall PC seems to run a tad faster with less blocking.

I have an on going love/hate with Microsoft because they operate at the 70% mark whereas Apple operate around 90%.

Rob