Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Windows 10 October update. Ver. 1809

I first returned to the 411.70 drivers but still had the black flashes issue.

I uninstalled the 1809 update and then black flashes disappeared so i think is something related with the new Windows update.

Miguel Leandro

14 hours ago, Jim Young said:

For me the flashing went away if I selected another aircraft and then returned to the aircraft that had some flashing.  For me it happens in all aircraft... default to add-ons installed... but only on the first occasion of loading that particular aircraft.

I am retracting my "solution".  Suddenly it does not work and suddenly the flashing is getting seriously worse.  I have the latest Windows Update (1809) and latest Windows driver made especially for those who updated to Windows 1809.  Certainly strange.  I see Windows just downloaded a new update for V1809 (KB4464330) so will see if that fixes the issue.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Installed the update to 1809.  No fix.  Reinstalled latest drivers.  No fix.  But strange the flashing is less and almost non-existent at Seattle instead of the default location.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

For anyone who's interested, this is the latest statement from MS about the problems with the 1809 update: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/10/09/updated-version-of-windows-10-october-2018-update-released-to-windows-insiders/#yRlroHtaQVHofZu3.97

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

After the annoyance of a previous Windows10 update breaking my sim, I've permanently disabled Win10 from updating and plan to keep it that way.

I'm fed up with having to fix things or find work arounds. If it works, don't fix it.

16 minutes ago, VeryBumpy said:

After the annoyance of a previous Windows10 update breaking my sim, I've permanently disabled Win10 from updating and plan to keep it that way.

I'm fed up with having to fix things or find work arounds. If it works, don't fix it.

Good luck with the next major security issue (WannaCry springs to mind)!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Turning on VSync, as suggested by my friend on the previous page, Rob Ainscough, fixed it for me!  Glad I do not have to uninstall the new Windows update!

Submit News to AVSIM

18 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Glad I do not have to uninstall the new Windows update!

There was another 1809 "update" to the update yesterday that was supposed to fix the Data Loss issue for OneDrive … not sure what else came in that update.

Cheers, Rob.

17 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

There was another 1809 "update" to the update yesterday that was supposed to fix the Data Loss issue for OneDrive … not sure what else came in that update.

Cheers, Rob.

I had no data losses.  Only happened to a few so the 1809 updates should continue.  Thanks for your suggestion to turn on VSync to halt the flashes/flickering on the screen.

Submit News to AVSIM

On 10/4/2018 at 1:01 AM, vc10man said:

Same here. I do not entrust MS any more! I do NOT need their 'word-not-allowed' updates.

Every time I try to block updates they get re-enabled.  How does one perm block them?  Windows update killed off my Vista computer, which forced me to buy a new one, it put my old hard drive in an endless update loop, stuck at zero percent because Microsoft ceased update support for Vista.  I do not want to same to happen to my Windows 10 system, which runs fine (with the most recent update the other day) as is....

John

3 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

Every time I try to block updates they get re-enabled.  How does one perm block them?  Windows update killed off my Vista computer, which forced me to buy a new one, it put my old hard drive in an endless update loop, stuck at zero percent because Microsoft ceased update support for Vista.  I do not want to same to happen to my Windows 10 system, which runs fine (with the most recent update the other day) as is....

John

trouble is  you  can block them  but  eventually  they  will   update,  I got  no issues  so  far touching  wood  with the updates   although I got  a new  pc  and  completely virgin install of  windows  10 pro   so it  wasn't  a upgrade  from  win  7  to win 10

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

affected users 1/100 of 1%. Clearly these ones had a special set of circumstances on their setup.  I think its better to be updated with the security risks out there that get all the more complicated.  The ones that raise issues is a very tiny tiny fraction compared to the vast majority that have no issues.  I imagine its quite a task to release an update and have it perfect or minimal issues when there is 100s of millions of win 10 installations out there with a myriad of different configurations. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

On 10/10/2018 at 10:25 PM, Jim Young said:

Thanks for your suggestion to turn on VSync to halt the flashes/flickering on the screen.

Is it the VSync or is it the unlimited frame rate that causes the flickering,

given that VSync simply limits the frame rate to your monitor frequency?

On 10/10/2018 at 23:25, Jim Young said:

No tuve pérdidas de datos. Sólo sucedió a unos pocos por lo que las actualizaciones de 1809 deben continuar. Gracias por su sugerencia de activar VSync para detener los destellos / parpadeos en la pantalla.

I think the problem occurs when trueGlass is activated

G-Sync enabled (Acer XB270HU), flashes/flickering stopped by activating Vsync and triple buffering in P3D (unlimited target frame rate, drivers 416.34, GTX980Ti).

Edited by Avance

JPM