Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Windows 10 October update. Ver. 1809

4 minutes ago, Avance said:

G-Sync habilitado (Acer XB270HU), parpadeos / parpadeos detenidos al activar Vsync y triple buffering en P3D (velocidad de cuadro objetivo ilimitada, controladores 416.34, GTX980Ti).

If you use MaddogX or Qualitywing 787 it disables trueGlass in my case stops flashing when you press the mouse wheel

5 hours ago, nolonger said:

Is it the VSync or is it the unlimited frame rate that causes the flickering,

given that VSync simply limits the frame rate to your monitor frequency?

I just have VSync enabled - no Triple Buffering.  Unlimited fps is enabled as always.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks.

If you disable VSync and instead limit the frame rate to 60,

does the flickering stop, as it does here?

New nvidia driver install, w10 up to date, and always these black flash when you put fps to unlimited with or without vsync active 

Frédéric Giraud

2 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

New nvidia driver install, w10 up to date, and always these black flash when you put fps to unlimited with or without vsync active 

disable True Glass and immersion packages if you use MadogX or Qualitywings. In my case doing that, the flicker problems on the screen were solved by pressing the mouse wheel

8 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

Thanks, that was my conclusion despite the expert's opinion.

Keep away from 1809 

i had to reinstall windows.

f%#^ you Microsoft!!!

so 😡 

complete joke!

My 1809 works perfectly, no issues at all.

Very happy, & to me, seems a little smoother as well.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

UPDATE:

It seems there are a few issues with Win10 1809 on my PC ... specifically "game mode" and some other sluggish performance issues ... I did notice some odd "delayed" behavior with some menu drop-downs and odd results with OpenGL/Vulkan apps.  Driver updates didn't resolve.  Also some issues with IPV6 that some apps require ... they may not connect.  I also ran into the Zip bug ... where one can unzip and NOT be prompted to replace files, the unzip will just silently fail and not report back any issue ... this left me with some scenery files and/or aircraft files that didn't get update but me thinking they did because I ran the unzip.  If you have a different Zip product then this issue probably will not impact you.

There is no 1809 (October) "consumer" installer available via my MSDN subscription.  After a bizarre discussion with someone representing Microsoft, it was finally deemed that Microsoft don't have a 1809 full "consumer" OS installer available (they have other variants but not a consumer version).  No ETA on when 1809 "consumer" build will become available.  This has put me in a bad situation relative to the my customers/clients who have already upgraded to 1809 ... I don't have a means to really test my software on a 1809 PC.

So after some time with 1809 it's definitely not as smooth sailing as I initially reported, at this point I would recommend users stay with 1803 until Microsoft address the 1809 issues and release a 1809 consumer installer.  As other's have pointed out, 1809 has been pulled and is no longer available via Windows Update.  MS pulled 1809 ... but then restarted it deployment, but then pulled it again, so just a word of warning.  It's a shame, 1809 has some pretty interesting new features.

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsofts-silence-on-the-windows-10-1809-delay-is-deafening/

Cheers, Rob.

21 minutes ago, miguelpp said:

Hi,the new 1809 is alive

It is?  Not showing up in my MSDN subscription?  (the "consumer" version that is).

You have more info?

Cheers, Rob.

Miguel

Unfortunately that page you linked has no Update Release Date.

The MSDN Subscription Page does not have a recent update version. (latest updates in there state: Release date: 02/Oct/2018),

This PAGE has the November 13, 2018—KB4467708 (OS Build 17763.134) update, but, apparently is for those who already have Windows 10, version1809.
It also states this:
"This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include: "

In any case, I will wait a few months before installing it.

Edited by RamonB

This versión was deleted a month ago until today (was the april update active)...Maybe the updates cumulative after a new installation updates the verion.

Any way i a´m installing it now in anew SSD.

Best.

Miquel

Edit: https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-resumes-rollout-of-windows-10-version-1809-promises-quality-changes/

Edited by miguelpp

Update, a fresh unstall with (updated) ISO brings the versión to 17763.107. The new cumulative update to 17763.134.

Regards.

Miquel.

Edited by miguelpp