Bills511

Windows 10 October update. Ver. 1809

6 hours ago, vortex681 said:

OneDrive is the most popular corporate cloud storage service: 

I'll amend my statement. OneDrive is used by MS staff and also other corporate users who are forced to use it by policies imposed on them by management.

https://www.datanyze.com/market-share/file-sharing

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'll amend my statement. OneDrive is used by MS staff and also other corporate users who are forced to use it by policies imposed on them by management.

OneDrive has almost a 10% share of the consumer cloud storage market in the UK. I'm curious to know why you seem to hate it so much. I had a free 18-month subscription to it which came with an external hard drive and it performed flawlessly (I was simultaneously using Dropbox, which also worked well enough). Take a look at this detailed comparison which is more biased towards consumer use: https://www.cloudwards.net/dropbox-vs-google-drive-vs-onedrive/. OneDrive wins by a hair. I've recently changed to Sync.com but only because it's more secure by default than the "big three" (Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive).

I never said that I hated OneDrive. I just said that the average user relies on something else for file sharing. I actually think that MS's ancillary products are pretty good.

Oddly after changing my video card (TitanXP to two 2080Ti) I ran into the same flashing issue but seems 50/50 and to correct it I had to either lock to Vsync or set TFR = 31 (or whatever value works for you).

Cheers, Rob.

Smooth upgrade too, although flickering occurs in the VC. Either locking frames to 30 or vsync with triple buffer helps remedy it. 

Rob I read some were the flashing is related to power management and the new nvidia drivers.

Had the flashing with my htc vive and put computer in full power mode and turned off usb power management and that fixed the flashing.

Regards Tjkiser 

the problem of flickering on the screen when I press the mouse wheel in my case only apply to Qualitywing aircraft and MadogX

On 10/4/2018 at 6:14 AM, simbol said:

They will soon, you need the drivers to be ready and available for all the user base before deploying the games..

For me the flashing went away if I selected another aircraft and then returned to the aircraft that had some flashing.  For me it happens in all aircraft... default to add-ons installed... but only on the first occasion of loading that particular aircraft.

I've NOT spent much time trying to discover the source ... is it 1809 or is it nVidia ... any AMD users that can report in?  I encountered the flashing issue very recently when I turned Vsync OFF as I was testing P3D performance with Unlimited. 

Another source of screen flickering was when I brought up another window (in my case the Playback flight recorder) it would start the flickering.  Hit Alt + Enter (once or twice) would sometimes clear it up also.  But it feels like a Vsync issue ... given that a new feature to 1809 are the HDR settings that would seem to be a possible. 

Cheers, Rob.

I have both - my only issue was the update setting my resolution above 3840*2160 4k mode.  I reinstalled the 411.70 driver.

Regards

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

I first returned to the 411.70 drivers but still had the black flashes issue.

I uninstalled the 1809 update and then black flashes disappeared so i think is something related with the new Windows update.

14 hours ago, Jim Young said:

For me the flashing went away if I selected another aircraft and then returned to the aircraft that had some flashing.  For me it happens in all aircraft... default to add-ons installed... but only on the first occasion of loading that particular aircraft.

I am retracting my "solution".  Suddenly it does not work and suddenly the flashing is getting seriously worse.  I have the latest Windows Update (1809) and latest Windows driver made especially for those who updated to Windows 1809.  Certainly strange.  I see Windows just downloaded a new update for V1809 (KB4464330) so will see if that fixes the issue.

Installed the update to 1809.  No fix.  Reinstalled latest drivers.  No fix.  But strange the flashing is less and almost non-existent at Seattle instead of the default location.

After the annoyance of a previous Windows10 update breaking my sim, I've permanently disabled Win10 from updating and plan to keep it that way.

I'm fed up with having to fix things or find work arounds. If it works, don't fix it.

16 minutes ago, VeryBumpy said:

After the annoyance of a previous Windows10 update breaking my sim, I've permanently disabled Win10 from updating and plan to keep it that way.

I'm fed up with having to fix things or find work arounds. If it works, don't fix it.

Good luck with the next major security issue (WannaCry springs to mind)!

Turning on VSync, as suggested by my friend on the previous page, Rob Ainscough, fixed it for me!  Glad I do not have to uninstall the new Windows update!

18 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Glad I do not have to uninstall the new Windows update!

There was another 1809 "update" to the update yesterday that was supposed to fix the Data Loss issue for OneDrive … not sure what else came in that update.

Cheers, Rob.

17 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

There was another 1809 "update" to the update yesterday that was supposed to fix the Data Loss issue for OneDrive … not sure what else came in that update.

Cheers, Rob.

I had no data losses.  Only happened to a few so the 1809 updates should continue.  Thanks for your suggestion to turn on VSync to halt the flashes/flickering on the screen.

On 10/4/2018 at 1:01 AM, vc10man said:

Same here. I do not entrust MS any more! I do NOT need their 'word-not-allowed' updates.

Every time I try to block updates they get re-enabled.  How does one perm block them?  Windows update killed off my Vista computer, which forced me to buy a new one, it put my old hard drive in an endless update loop, stuck at zero percent because Microsoft ceased update support for Vista.  I do not want to same to happen to my Windows 10 system, which runs fine (with the most recent update the other day) as is....

John

3 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

Every time I try to block updates they get re-enabled.  How does one perm block them?  Windows update killed off my Vista computer, which forced me to buy a new one, it put my old hard drive in an endless update loop, stuck at zero percent because Microsoft ceased update support for Vista.  I do not want to same to happen to my Windows 10 system, which runs fine (with the most recent update the other day) as is....

John

trouble is  you  can block them  but  eventually  they  will   update,  I got  no issues  so  far touching  wood  with the updates   although I got  a new  pc  and  completely virgin install of  windows  10 pro   so it  wasn't  a upgrade  from  win  7  to win 10

affected users 1/100 of 1%. Clearly these ones had a special set of circumstances on their setup.  I think its better to be updated with the security risks out there that get all the more complicated.  The ones that raise issues is a very tiny tiny fraction compared to the vast majority that have no issues.  I imagine its quite a task to release an update and have it perfect or minimal issues when there is 100s of millions of win 10 installations out there with a myriad of different configurations. 

On 10/10/2018 at 10:25 PM, Jim Young said:

Thanks for your suggestion to turn on VSync to halt the flashes/flickering on the screen.

Is it the VSync or is it the unlimited frame rate that causes the flickering,

given that VSync simply limits the frame rate to your monitor frequency?

On 10/10/2018 at 23:25, Jim Young said:

No tuve pérdidas de datos. Sólo sucedió a unos pocos por lo que las actualizaciones de 1809 deben continuar. Gracias por su sugerencia de activar VSync para detener los destellos / parpadeos en la pantalla.

I think the problem occurs when trueGlass is activated

G-Sync enabled (Acer XB270HU), flashes/flickering stopped by activating Vsync and triple buffering in P3D (unlimited target frame rate, drivers 416.34, GTX980Ti).

Edited by Avance