Sign in to follow this  
Yoda967

Has anyone tried the Cloud 9 F4 Phantom

I agree, the F4 is sweet. TIR4 users will sure appreciate the VC and SF260-like gauge smoothness and immersion. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154411.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154412.jpgBrings back memories of Monogram 1/48 F4-II models I built a long time ago...PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

>TIR4 users will sure appreciate the VC and SF260-like gauge smoothness and immersion.There are several TIR4 junkies at Cloud9 (me being one of them), that's why we put smoothness and complete VC operations on top of the features list.regards,Umberto Colapicchioni/VIRTUALI

its a great plane! too bad the CTDs are annoying (only happens when the flight over or changing planes for me, so thats good, not in mid flight)and I REALLY wished they had a 100% realistic startup... its the only thing this jet is missing...i've never flown a F4, but the flight control seems real good, wonder if its this good in real life... alot of upper trim though...

>Just wished it were more of a challenge. The flight model>while nothing wrong, feels to generic and has no personality.>Guess after learning to fly the F-104 everything seems tame.>Its just with the F-4 you really cannot do anything wrong and>the stalls are no more difficult than with a default 172.go fly a F16 and see how generic they are :)everything feels so hard to fly after... you actually have to do the work... F16, it does everything for you, just just tell it what to do, and it will do it for you :)

Guest blaster331

Thanks everyone for your input.I am going to download her today so nobody will be able to call me for a couple of days!LOL I think I'll wait for the fix on CTD before installing. Thanks againBest regards to allAndrew

Eric,As I understand it, the F-4F was an F-4E that had been built for the West German Luftwaffe. It had no nuclear capability, nor did the initial configuration have the ability to carry Maverick or Sparrow missiles. These capabilities were added in the early 80's. The F-4F design also eliminated the F-4E's number 7 fuel tank.Otherwise, largely the same aircraft.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200