Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Script recognition?

I am running MCE for X-Plane and have created MyVoice Copilot scripts for a non-supported Carenado B1900D. However it doesn't seem to recognise the script folder name at all. What naming convention should I use for the folder in MyScripts? I have tried; the same as the X-Plane aircraft folder name (as was the case in FSX), the .acf file name of the aircraft in X-Plane? But when I look in the Voxscript button in MCE, the titles of the scripts are different. I do tend to manually create and edit the scripts in Notepad. Is there a step that I am missing?

Another question: Is it possible to add a pause command within a Checklist, like with VoxScripts?

Thanks for any help.

Stuart

Edited by STUART_H

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

9 hours ago, STUART_H said:

I am running MCE for X-Plane and have created MyVoice Copilot scripts for a non-supported Carenado B1900D. However it doesn't seem to recognise the script folder name at all. What naming convention should I use for the folder in MyScripts? I have tried; the same as the X-Plane aircraft folder name (as was the case in FSX), the .acf file name of the aircraft in X-Plane? But when I look in the Voxscript button in MCE, the titles of the scripts are different. I do tend to manually create and edit the scripts in Notepad. Is there a step that I am missing?

Another question: Is it possible to add a pause command within a Checklist, like with VoxScripts?

Thanks for any help.

Stuart

Unfortunately, things aren't consistent in X-Plane world.

Aircraft folder names change between updates. Even "aircraft Author" data can change between 2 versions of the same aircraft causing MCE to occasionally fail to identify a supported aircraft, which then requires an update.

Normally folder is named based on "whatever_name.acf" (aircraft acf file). Example <a320> for JAR A320 because its acf file is "a320.acf".

But that's not enough. 

One work around, and assuming you're mostly flying one non-supported aircraft, you could put your flows in <All> folder

\My Documents\Multio Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\All\

Only downside, those flows would also ne available to all other aircraft in addition to the aircraft specific flows.

To see those flows in Voxscript panel, remove option "show flows for currently loaded aircraft".

Gerald,

Thanks for your advice. I'm aware of the use of the All folder as a work around, but I have 3 different prop aircraft (Dash 8-400, Dash 6 Twin Otter and Carenado 1900D), that are not in the supported list, and whilst similar there are significant differences that I was hoping to separate.

Is there anyway of telling (debugging) what is being read by MCE when checking against MyVoiceScripts?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373