Sign in to follow this  
avian1911

cockpit displays is not bright enough

Screen will be the dark as posted image. 

However, it can be solved by turning off HDR.

The addon I use is ENVTEX and ENVSHADE

System other than screen is normal.

2018-10-5_1-43-34-679

Edited by avian1911

37 minutes ago, avian1911 said:

The addon I use is ENVTEX and ENVSHADE

This is the first issue, but we have steps to mitigate it...

38 minutes ago, avian1911 said:

However, it can be solved by turning off HDR.

HDR can cause "blown out" displays in the sense that the text becomes blurry from the HDR trying to make it show up as "bright." Because of this, we added in a function that allows users to "compensate" for the default HDR implementation. The use of shaders on top of that can cause weird issues like you're seeing.

Turn HDR off momentarily. Go into the PMDG SETUP > OPTIONS menus and look for the HDR option. It's a LOW/MED/HIGH/OFF option. Lower it, or turn it off, and then turn P3D's HDR function back on.

All set.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

EDIT: Kyle beat me to it.

Edited by markadeane

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

41 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

This is the first issue, but we have steps to mitigate it...

HDR can cause "blown out" displays in the sense that the text becomes blurry from the HDR trying to make it show up as "bright." Because of this, we added in a function that allows users to "compensate" for the default HDR implementation. The use of shaders on top of that can cause weird issues like you're seeing.

Turn HDR off momentarily. Go into the PMDG SETUP > OPTIONS menus and look for the HDR option. It's a LOW/MED/HIGH/OFF option. Lower it, or turn it off, and then turn P3D's HDR function back on.

All set.

Thank you for you reply!

With this, all the problem is resolved.
I appreciate you kind explanation! XD

49 minutes ago, markadeane said:

EDIT: Kyle beat me to it.

Thank you! it has been resolved!

Edited by avian1911

As Kyle mentioned the HDR adjustment feature will solve these issues. A couple of notes:

1. You don't need to turn the HDR off to change the HDR adjustment settings. You can try the LOW-MID-HIGH-OFF settings with the HDR on and see what suits you best dynamically.

2. The HDR adjustment feature was design to compensate for P3Ds HDR graphics setting, not for addon shaders, but it will help in partly reversing the damage the addon shaders cause to the 747 displays.

3. We have found that the various addon shaders are causing lots of problems to our product because they intervene into things they have no reason to change in the first place. It is not only the VC displays, one particular shader makes the Navigraph login screen turn blank (a webview window that has nothing to do with the aircraft) and I am sure we will find more side effects along the way. So keep in mind that there will be cases where if you can't live without them you will have to live with the consequences. 

Edited by mfrantz

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg