6 hours ago, W2DR said:

I think it all boils down to what the OP means by "training". While I won't judge the extent to which either PMDG or iFly contribute to "training" I can say that I own them both and have over 50 hours in a Southwest 737-700 Level-D simulator. To my mind the iFly, as compared the the PMDG, comes no where near the "feel" or the systems function/complexity of the real thing. I have no doubt that, for anyone serious about 737's, the only choice is PMDG. Just MNSHO and all mileage is, of course, variable...............Doug

Agree 100%. IFly isn’t even in the same ball park as PMDG in anything. Not even the same planet. IFly remind me of Carenado. All show and no go. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

3 hours ago, Raging Bull said:

. IFly remind me of CarenadoAll show and no go

That's your argument? A catchphrase? How disappointing....but not very surprising, and certainly not to be taken seriously.

Oh, just out of curiosity, can we have that link to the freeware that's better than iFly? 😉

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 12:45 PM, XLS_DRiver said:

I'm looking to get a payware 737 for FSX Steam, and wondering which one seems to be the best, in terms of realistic behaviour, detail, and functionality. My use is for training purposes.

Thanks in advance.

SO which did you choose? The realistic and only decent version of the 737 by PMDG?

Or the trash version IFly?

2 hours ago, Raging Bull said:

Or the trash version IFly?

On that note, I think the OPs question has been answered enough before the thread drifts further south.

In the future, let’s point out the strengths and weakness of addons before we demean other developers work as “trash”. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1