Sign in to follow this  
Archiehh

No nose wheel steering and rudder function

Hi!

I've installed the 747-8i expansion pack and tried to make my first flight, but after starting the engines I recognized that the Queen doesn't turn by using the rudder pedals. Then I was loading a standard aircraft to check.With the Standard Beech Baron everthing works fine. I've started a complete new P3D session and tried some other aircrafts. All of them are working fine!

But I have still the same issue with the PMDG 747-400, 747-8i and the 777 (the 737-800 works fine as well).

When one of these wide body aircrafts is rolling the nose wheel is steering a little bit by using the rudder pedals but then it turns straight ahead again immediately. In the outside view the rudder doesn't move at all by using the rudder pedal. I don't know why it is only an issue on the PMDG wide body planes. The PMDG 737-800 and all other aircrafts are working well.

I'm using P3D v4.3 and Windows 10. And I don't use EZDOK Camera utilities.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Frank

Yes, GSX is installed (the latest version). I've tested GSX 2.0 but haven't bought the license for full funktion. Should I have to deinstall it?

1 hour ago, Archiehh said:

Should I have to deinstall it?

Definitely, until you end up purchasing it. Are you using the GSX push back function, perhaps?

Kyle Rodgers

I have used the push back funktion but this issue appears without using GSX as well. There is no steering possible with a fresh started P3D, loaded PMDG wide body aircraft with default panel state.

I will uninstall GSX later this day and make another test. Stay tuned...

Regards,

Frank

I have the latest GSX installed, but without buying GSXv2.0. The installer is the same file for both. No problems with 747 nosewheel steering either from the tiller or the rudder. All my controls are assigned in P3Dv4.

ki9cAAb.jpg

41 minutes ago, kevinh said:

I have the latest GSX installed, but without buying GSXv2.0. The installer is the same file for both. No problems with 747 nosewheel steering either from the tiller or the rudder. All my controls are assigned in P3Dv4.

Ditto here too

I thought there was some sort of issue with GSX a while ago. It was later resolved, but I'm unsure of the version that caused it, or if there was something else (I know some camera apps caused it, but the OP mentioned he didn't use them).

Hydraulics powered?

Kyle Rodgers

Hydraulics in normal condition – I used default panel state for testing. 

BTW: I said that I'm not using EZDOK Camera tool, but I didn't mentioned that I use none of them. I'm using ChasePlane from FSFX Packages instead. Maybe this one could cause some trouble too?

Ok Folks, the problem was solved (and caused) by FSUIPC.

Rudder Axis was sent "to FS as normal Axis" instead of "direkt to FSUIPC Calibration". But it is interesting how this is handled different by each aircraft because most of them work fine with it.

Thanks for trying to help.

Regards,

Frank

Yep,

chaseplane has the cockpit shaker option. It messes directly with your airplane‘s physics and should be turned off with most advanced addons. FSUIPC‘s internal calibration can at some point overwrite it (a normal FS axis can‘t) but the outcome can be rather unexpected. If you start monitoring strange behaviour in the air or when landing, your first step should then be to disable the cockpit shaker. There have been really many complaints in the past.