Sign in to follow this  
Jayceick Dames

Any Update on PMDG 747-8?

Hi Bryan

Not sure if it helps, but unlike the 777, the 747-8 allows ECL controls to be mapped to keys (scroll up, scroll down, click), so i'd assume there are LVARs for those controls as well. I'm not an expert so i dont know if that would be helpful for you 

Hi Lars,

Thanks, but I've looked at it closely.  The key mapping could work and it would not be an EULA SDK violation to use that system, but the problem is "reading" the ECL.  That's not possible.  The FO would be acting "blind", and unless the user did things exactly right and never touched the ECL, things could go to pot very easily.

We're porting the 400 version into the 8 model.  Users will be getting it for free, so you'll still have your paper checklists, etc.

I'm looking for more FSX testers.

If you have FSX, please contact me.

Thanks,

7 hours ago, byork said:

Hi Lars,

Thanks, but I've looked at it closely.  The key mapping could work and it would not be an EULA SDK violation to use that system, but the problem is "reading" the ECL.  That's not possible.  The FO would be acting "blind", and unless the user did things exactly right and never touched the ECL, things could go to pot very easily.

Understood, thanks Bryan

Hi Bryan,

I can't say anything on the development stuff.. But the 747-8 complains on the EICAS if the ECL isn't properly worked through. It's not designed to be flown with paper checklists.

Edited by Ephedrin

Hello to everyone. I got fs2crew for pmdg 747-400   but i dont know where to find the update to move it over 747-8. Can you link instructions? I am gonna run my pc today after few months and i want to fly the new  747-8 with co pilot even with manual ecl

Thanks 

Makris Konstantinos

3 hours ago, kwstakis1312 said:

Hello to everyone. I got fs2crew for pmdg 747-400   but i dont know where to find the update to move it over 747-8. Can you link instructions? I am gonna run my pc today after few months and i want to fly the new  747-8 with co pilot even with manual ecl

Thanks 

This is because the update is not yet released. Some more patience I guess...

Cheers

Edited by Sunny Andonov

rb_banner_driver.png

Hey Bryan.  Hows the testing going on the P3D -8?  Any idea when the update will be here?  Cant wait to fly this bird with FS2Crew.  With or without ECL control!  Lol.....I'm a pretty avid user of your products and am quite familiar with them so I can even help test if needed!  Any update on the status would be appreceiated!  Happy Holidays to you and your family !

Hey Bryan,

Hope to get my hands on the -8 update during the holidays since im off work and have time to fly!  Wishing you a safe, healthy, and happy holiday season!!

Jay

47 minutes ago, Jayceick Dames said:

Hey Bryan,

Hope to get my hands on the -8 update during the holidays since im off work and have time to fly!  Wishing you a safe, healthy, and happy holiday season!!

Jay

Hi Jay,

The 747 update is done.  But I'd like a few more people to give it a spin before I release it to the public.

If you'd like early access, please send me a support ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

Cheers,