Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Little Black Squares

I'm seeing little black squares in my scenery. It's in FSX SE, not in my PREPARED v4. I have a fairly good computer.

intel i7-8700k

cpu@3.70

Ram 16.0GB

64 bit

Windows 10

The settings in the FSX SE are fairly low;

Mesh Complexity@80

Autogen is Dense

Texture Resolution is 30

Ground Scenery Shadows are off

Water is 2x low

Cloud Density is Dense

AI Traffic is 50%

Ga Traffic is 20%

Vehicles are 10%  10%  10%

Look at Options/Settings/Display/Graphics and if there is a checkmark in the box next to Preview Directx10 remove it.........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

1 hour ago, jetsmell said:

I'm seeing little black squares in my scenery. It's in FSX SE, not in my PREPARED v4. I have a fairly good computer.

Not sure if you aware but you have posted two other topics on this same issue. After a while we don’t hear from you if you solved it then another post starts with the same issue.

If I had to guess I’d bet that it’s the DX10 Preview as being checked.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Since I remember you as a purchaser of the DX10 Fixer which fixes the Orbx lighting black squares in DX10 preview  the problem must be either that you are running in DX10  and that the fixer isn't installed properly or you have a missing texture which DX9 hides by silently discarding the affected objects  whilst DX10 highlights the issue by showing it as black so you can actually address the root problem.  Check it out and post at the fixer support forum here if you still have an issue.  For missing textures turn on missing texture alert in the fsx.cfg - see the fixer manual for how to do this.

Edited by SteveFx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1