Sign in to follow this  
OccamsRazor

747-8 Crash-To-Desktop (P3D v4)

Just installed 747-8. Crash to desktop just after install. Both 747-400 and 747-8 are both up to date. P3D v4.3

Edited by OccamsRazor

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Just installed 747-8. Crash to desktop just after install. Both 747-400 and 747-8 are both up to date. P3D v4.3

For me the 400 would ctd if I loaded it when starting the flight. So what I do is load the flight in a default plane then switch to the 747 after the game loads. I do it with the 800 as well just to be safe.

Edited by jt233

Jason Thiers

19 minutes ago, jt233 said:

For me the 400 would ctd if I loaded it when starting the flight. So what I do is load the flight in a default plane then switch to the 747 after the game loads. I do it with the 800 as well just to be safe.

That is the recommended method by PMDG to avoid CTDs

10 minutes ago, vc10man said:

And, once I did this I could load straight into the PMDG 747's.

To be clear, I was getting CTD when trying to start with the 747-8. Once I loaded the default flight and then loaded the 747-8, I could from then on load straight to the 747-8.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

3 hours ago, vc10man said:
3 hours ago, jt233 said:

It is not "the recommended" method. There is nothing wrong with doing it this way but it is not necessary.

What you should avoid is setting a PMDG aircraft as the default FSX/P3D aircraft (the one that is pre-selected in the free flight screen when you start the sim).

Loading a flight that was saved with a PMDG aircraft directly to the sim ("Load" from initial screen when you launch the sim) will not cause any CTD or other problems. Also launching the sim, selecting a PMDG aircraft + airport + weather and hitting GO will work the same. I have been doing this for a living several times a day for several years now and never had an issue 🙂

Edited by mfrantz
  • Like 1

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

44 minutes ago, mfrantz said:

t is not "the recommended" method

Then, used to be in FSX. And I have seen it being recommended by members of your own team----no names mentioned--- here, when problems have been posted.So, only went by that.

51 minutes ago, mfrantz said:

What you should avoid is setting a PMDG aircraft as the default FSX/P3D aircraft

And isn't that more or less what I was hinting at? Semantics for the sake of semantics!

I give up.

That's it, I am out of this Forum for good. No wonder friends I know have quit.

And there was me, only a few hours ago contemplating buying the Expansion...........................!!

Edited by vc10man

46 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Then, used to be in FSX. And I have seen it being recommended by members of your own team----no names mentioned--- here, when problems have been posted.So, only went by that.

Actually not true, either.

People confused the two issues:

1. Loading the sim program in general; and
  2. Loading into a flight

Item 1. is the concern. You want to have a default plane spinning in the window when the sim first loads. Item 2. doesn't matter, but since people confused the concepts of starting the sim in general, and loading into a flight, they both started the sim with a default plane, and then loaded into a flight with a default plane, and then finally switched.

It's not the easiest thing to explain, so I can understand the confusion. All the same, the only piece that truly matters is that, when the sim first loads to the Create a Flight/Scenario screen, one of our planes is not spinning in the preview window.

Kyle Rodgers

All I can say is there is nothing in the 748 causing crashes for me. I'm on my 7th long haul w/o any trouble at all. Currently flying from EGLL to SBGL. Just now approaching the South American coast at IBAGA I at FL380 with about 2 hours 40 minutes left of 10 1/2 hours.

On day 1 I had one CTD due to a Navigraph error that cleared up with a 2nd reboot after installation but no problems since.

So far I have flown from:

KIAD to EGLL

EGLL to KBOS

KBOS to KLAX

KLAX to YSSY

YSSY to VHHH

VHHH to EGLL and now todays flight to SBGL.

If the 748 was prone to crashing because of a problem with the 748, then it surely would have crashed on me several times.

Another thing I can say is if you submit a support ticket to PMDG with as much information possible, they will help you very quickly. 

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

And isn't that more or less what I was hinting at? Semantics for the sake of semantics!

I give up.

Rick,

First of all, you commented that "this is the recommended method" on this post by Jason:

6 hours ago, jt233 said:

Therefore, my post actually replies to what Jason described. I obviously interpreted "load the flight in a default plane" as actually starting a flight with a default plane, and then switching to a PMDG aircraft. Maybe I understood wrong and he meant switching while in the free flight window and not after starting the flight. If so, I am sorry for the misinterpretation of Jason's post. 

I am still not sure what was your interpretation of me saying "setting a PMDG as the default FSX/P3D aircraft", but regardless of that I can't understand why you feel personally offended so much that you have to leave the Forum as a result of a reply I made based on a statement posted by another user. I can't see not even a hint of hostility in my post, I was only trying to clarify things. It was not about semantics it was simply an attempt to provide useful information. Kyle already clarified this in a more efficient way that me and I hope you were still around to read his post and understand what we are talking about.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

7 hours ago, vc10man said:

I give up.

And there was me, only a few hours ago contemplating buying the Expansion...........................!!

Don’t leave Rick my fellow forum user I’m sure it has been just a misunderstanding.You have made a huge contribution to this forum and you’re high expertise is very appreciated here so please reconsider.😊

Zdenek  Cebis

Error code involved was CLR20r3. PMDG support said that this is related to GPU overclock issues, or outdated or corrupt drivers. Updating my graphics driver appears to have resolved the issue.