Sign in to follow this  
olivermad

PMDG 747-8 QOTSII reversers wont engage and DLINK not avail

My 747-8 will not engage the reversers and also doesn't have Datalink as an option. Anyone have any ideas?

Oliver Madilian

Not yet I haven’t but for example, after landing I try to engage reversers but they do not engage, when I try to open the dlink page, nothing happens.

Oliver Madilian

10 minutes ago, olivermad said:

Not yet I haven’t but for example, after landing I try to engage reversers but they do not engage, when I try to open the dlink page, nothing happens.

Oliver Madilian

So why don't you watch the training video.

Zicheng Cai

3 hours ago, Cai Zicheng said:

So why don't you watch the training video.

I watched it, but there were not answers to my problem. 

14 minutes ago, olivermad said:

I watched it, but there were not answers to my problem. 

Absolutely were...

If you follow what I did in the video, it's literally impossible to not get into Datalink's functions.

RTE Page: Origin (ICAO: 4 Letter, e.g. KIAD); Destination (ICAO: 4 Letter, e.g. EDDF); Flight Number (ICAO: 3 Letter plus number, e.g. DLH418)

Then go to the center CDU, DLINK: Fill in the data requested (noted by the fields showing [ ] ).

Done.

(Also here, with pictures: https://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a126/loading-a-rte-via-datalink.aspx)

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Absolutely were...

If you follow what I did in the video, it's literally impossible to not get into Datalink's functions.

RTE Page: Origin (ICAO: 4 Letter, e.g. KIAD); Destination (ICAO: 4 Letter, e.g. EDDF); Flight Number (ICAO: 3 Letter plus number, e.g. DLH418)

Then go to the center CDU, DLINK: Fill in the data requested (noted by the fields showing [ ] ).

Done.

(Also here, with pictures: https://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a126/loading-a-rte-via-datalink.aspx)

Never had a single issue with that, Kyle, ever since I read the info on it post-latest update here.

7 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Absolutely were...

Done.

Just tried this for acars in the sim and it did not work. When i press acars, nothing happens

Oliver Madiliian

3 hours ago, olivermad said:

When i press acars, nothing happens

I don't believe that you're following along properly, or perhaps understanding what is supposed to happen. I'll need a screenshot, or written, step-by-step instructions from you to verify.

Kyle Rodgers

30 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I don't believe that you're following along properly, or perhaps understanding what is supposed to happen. I'll need a screenshot, or written, step-by-step instructions from you to verify.

Step 1: Load plane in "747 short" panel state. Step 2: Complete Pos Init page, Enter departure icao, Enter arrival icao, enter flight number. Step 3: return to main menu of FMC. Step 4: press "acars" on the fmc. After I press acars, nothing happens. It acts as if i didn't even press the button.

10 minutes ago, olivermad said:

Step 4: press "acars" on the fmc.

This is where I think things are going astray. If I remember correctly, you need to use the center CDU to log on to  DLink, rather than try to sign in to ACARS on one of the pilots' CDUs. Also remember that all the DLink items in brackets need to be filled in before it automatically logs on.

Walter Meier

42 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

This is where I think things are going astray. If I remember correctly, you need to use the center CDU to log on to  DLink, rather than try to sign in to ACARS on one of the pilots' CDUs. Also remember that all the DLink items in brackets need to be filled in before it automatically logs on.

I will try and get back to you in the next 10 min

1 hour ago, wsmeier said:

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

http://prntscr.com/l2serp

I was able to open the menu and get all the information into the FMC, but the airline code won't go into the brackets and won't let the datalink connect. Any Ideas?

Yeah... that‘s a bit... well... weird.

flight number: ICAO code of airline. Lufthansa —> DLH

Airline code in acars: IATA

Lufthansa —> LH (2 letters)