Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Fly Tampa Airports ntdll.dll CTDs

I have tried the FT Forums without much success.

Is anybody else seeing P3Dv4 CTDs at FT's Sydney, Athens? What is causing a pre-flight using the 747-400 latest version to make the sim go CTD pointing to that faulting module?

Just P3Dv4 and nothing else. No AS, no PFPX, running.

Now, removing anything to do with FT. And there was me thinking that they were a reputable developer when it came to classy airports. How wrong I was!

Edited by vc10man

There is only one time in recent history where a scenery was causing the ntdll.dll crash and that was MyTrafficX in P3DV4.  Incompatible AI textures and objects.  Normally the ntdll.dll error is thrown if your overclock is not working properly just like it did back in the days when fsx was first released.  A voltage setting was too high or too low.  Whenever I get an ntdll.dll crash, I immediately get rid of the overclock and go to optimal defaults.

On the Fly Tampa website, the only scenery I could find compatible with P3DV4 was Hong Kong.  The others have not been upgraded yet.  I would remove any FT scenery and wait for the update.  Going from 32 bit to 64 bit has been causing a lot of crashes.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

11 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

On the Fly Tampa website, the only scenery I could find compatible with P3DV4 was Hong Kong.  The others have not been upgraded yet.  I would remove any FT scenery and wait for the update.  Going from 32 bit to 64 bit has been causing a lot of crashes.

Vienna, Toronto and St Maarten have also been updated earlier this year (Facebook post of 29th April and 'purchase' page on website shows version number and when last updated).

I own EKCH and OMDB and these patched airports have worked for me also (but obviously each PC setup is different, so ymmv).

3 hours ago, vc10man said:

I have tried the FT Forums without much success.

Is anybody else seeing P3Dv4 CTDs at FT's Sydney, Athens? What is causing a pre-flight using the 747-400 latest version to make the sim go CTD pointing to that faulting module?

Just P3Dv4 and nothing else. No AS, no PFPX, running.

Now, removing anything to do with FT. And there was me thinking that they were a reputable developer when it came to classy airports. How wrong I was!

Good grief, you only posted your problem on their forums earlier today! Have you tried different complex aeroplanes at the same location? Tried with a default aircraft?
What tests have you done to prove that it is definitively a FlyTampa problem?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

6 minutes ago, F737NG said:

only posted your problem on their forums earlier today

Incorrect as I posted re: Sydney yesterday, Athens today. Didn't expect same to happen at Athens too.

So, by trying a default aircraft like say the default F-22 at both, are you inferring that it is the latest PMDG 747-400 at fault? 

Edited by vc10man

Did you remove the the papi bgls as noted all over the FlyTampa forums 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

42 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I got a couple airports from FlyTampa (Grenadines for P3D v3 and St. Maarten Complete 1.9 for P3D v4) ,both are working just fine on my PC.
Windows 10 Enterprise P3Dv4.3.
The Grenadines took a bit longer to set up for P3D v4 due to autogen file corruption, but it is now working. (I' m also using Arno's Autogen Configuration Merger as a P3Dv4 addon, btw it is a fantastic tool.)

From their site I can see many of their airports are "patched" for P3D v4, see P3dv4-Patches and Here,

To the OP
Have you installed the "patches " Sidney and Athens, and removed the papi bgl's?

Edited by RamonB

4 minutes ago, RamonB said:

Have you installed the "patches " Sidney and Athens, and removed the papi bgl's? 

Thanks, will try that tip

5 minutes ago, tooting said:

Did you remove the the papi bgls as noted all over the FlyTampa forums

Same too.Did not see that PAPI BGLs reference.

But question is, why does a top airport developer like FT have to be modified in the first place. I'd thought it was good to go.

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

But question is, why does a top airport developer like FT have to be modified in the first place. I'd thought it was good to go.

People have wondered that since shortly after P3d V4 was released and only FT can answer that.  The only airport they have advertised as V4 ready from the installer is Boston, but it's easy enough to go grab the updates/fixes ourselves as they have been available for a year and a half on their forum.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

58 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

as they have been available for a year and a half on their forum.

Dave, much as I appreciate your input, for starters, I was out of doing any flightsimming since the middle of last year, until fairly recently. Additionally, I was not a member of their forum until a couple of days ago. But after reading the helpful posts here about the papi.bgls, I soon cottoned on, did the necessary,and glad to say, did not have another fault at LGAV. Not yet tried YSSY or OMDB . Later.

All good, it's just always a good idea to check the developer's forums first. With FlyTampa's you don't even need to register to have full access.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

FlyTampa Amsterdam is also compatible with V4.

Regarding FlyTampa...makers of excellent scenery, but absolutely one of the worst in flight sim where customer support is concerned in my opinion (I've done flight sim customer/tech support for many years and as a long time FlyTampa customer I believe I'm qualified to judge them in this area), They don't reply to emails, they don't regularly reply to forum posts, and I really can't understand it. This one area can bring down the best developer, and I hope someone at FlyTampa is listening. It's so wrong of them.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.